Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for some reason I realized I had never seen Karate Kid III -

Holy

Fucking

Shit

Its

So

Bad

I mean it is so bad when I turned it off halfway through I pondered watching the awful remake with Will Smiths kid!

Parasite - On Netflix, loved it.  Subtitled, but excellent.  Dirt poor but street smart family finds a way to usurp existing staff that work for a wealthy family.  Turns out there's more to the story with the housekeeper that was let go, and it gets really, really weird from there.  Loads of funny and edge of your seat moments through the movie.  

No one's seen Greyhound yet?  I'm curious if it's any good. Probably just because it's on Apple+? (I certainly won't pay for that)

Havent seen it available on my streaming services yet ( Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu)

All have been pretty weak lately in terms of anything worth watching.. Ive been going back to my personal well of old DVD's to watch from the 80's..

Last edited by a moderator:
No one's seen Greyhound yet?  I'm curious if it's any good. Probably just because it's on Apple+? (I certainly won't pay for that)
Pay for AppleTV, that’s hilarious 😆

I watched it this afternoon. I liked it. Almost came across like those old WWII movies from 40 years ago but with much better effects. It Actually made me anxious watching it. As someone who grew up in the era of smart bombs and fire-and-forget weapons, I can’t imagine how nerve wracking it would be floating in the middle of the Atlantic like a sitting duck.

I'd never seen it before, but Mr. Leggo (who has seen it) and I are in the middle of watching "Total Recall" - the original one, with good old Arnold. I think it's pretty funny and very entertaining.

(It's on Netflix if you want to watch/rewatch)

It's way better than the remake IMO.
Yeah, Mr. Leggo said the remake is all serious and that it's kind of weird. The original is better, according to him, because it leans into the sort of satirical aspect of the comedic action movie that it is.

& speaking of "classics"

Did you know that Newman was in Dirty Dancing?

“Bad Boys for Life” was your typical cheesy action flick. No boobs, but one rather ridiculous helicopter crash.

With all these movie releases being pushed back, pickins’ are getting slim.

& speaking of "classics"

Did you know that Newman was in Dirty Dancing?
Speaking of sequels, this one is getting one (or another? or whatever it is when a movie has many things that people ignored) with Jennifer Gray this time. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/entertainment/dirty-dancing-sequel-trnd/index.html

The dance sequences are going to be weird this time around. 

200_d.gif

Another 90's movie I'd never seen... We watched Starship Troopers last night (on Netflix). It was ridiculous! Pretty funny satire on the whole military industrial complex.

Also, was surprised to see younger versions of a few actors... Those being the brother-in-law from Breaking Bad, Neil Patrick Harris, and then they guy who was the evil dude trying to kill Arnold in Total Recall.

Mr snick started watching Peanut Butter Falcon.  interesting, I had never heard of it.  

Starship troopers is funny!  

Down Periscope!!!!  totally recommend that one if you want to fall on floor laughing

Starship Troopers was (and remains) excellent - but my take on the movie is that there are really two types of people in the Military, the Infantry, and everyone else who supports the Infantry..

Latest posts

Back