Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was “Animal House” for me. We weren’t allowed to see it with the grown-ups when I was a kid and I could never figure out why because the only version I’d ever seen when I was older was the TV version. Finally ended up watching the uncut version and saw why....

I watched one of the most F'd up movies I have seen in a long time.. Crash (1996) It has James Spader and Holly Hunter but basically a group of people who get off on crash scenes (literally they drive by crash scenese and then get it on) and then they re-enact famous crash scenes and then have more sex, very weird, even for me..

Another 90's movie I'd never seen... We watched Starship Troopers last night (on Netflix). It was ridiculous! Pretty funny satire on the whole military industrial complex.

Also, was surprised to see younger versions of a few actors... Those being the brother-in-law from Breaking Bad, Neil Patrick Harris, and then they guy who was the evil dude trying to kill Arnold in Total Recall.
I'm very late to this post, but the barren planet they fight the bugs on is in the middle of WY!

I watched one of the most F'd up movies I have seen in a long time.. Crash (1996) It has James Spader and Holly Hunter but basically a group of people who get off on crash scenes (literally they drive by crash scenese and then get it on) and then they re-enact famous crash scenes and then have more sex, very weird, even for me..
If you’ve never seen it, check out Harold and Maude (1971)  for weird.

So I did absolutely nothing this weekend, but for whatever reaosn I caught some "Brat Pack" movies..

St Elmos Fire - That ending scene always gets me for some reason

About Last Night - I had actually never watched this movie before in its entirity, I guess its trying to show how hard it is to find love at a young age, but I think this was a pretty bad movie. C-

We just watched the original Bladerunner and then Bladerunner 2049 (the former is on Netflix and the latter we rented through Xfinity), and I enjoyed both... Question, do you think Deckerd a Replicant?

Also, while Bladerunner 2049 was pretty good, it really was just a 2.5 hour long movie about Ryan Gosling having the same look on his face the entire time.

Take that as you will!

I could never get into the original one - it is just v e r   y   s    l       o       w 

We watched Hustlers last night, it was better than I was expecting to be honest.  Although I am not sure I concur with the story line about resorting to  criminal activity because you were butt hurt that the economy tanked resulting in less people coming to the strip club, causing you to take it out on the people who cant afford to pay for (illegal) trips to the champagne room?

Is that the one with J Lo or the heavy chic from Pitch Perfect?
The one with J Lo.

You are thinking of "The Hustle" with Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson. I didn't think The Hustle was that bad of a movie. It didn't do very well on Rotten Tomatoes though. It apparently was based on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but that was already based on another movie so at some point you have to be beating a dead horse if not done properly.

Anyway back to Hustlers.

Watched "A Knights Tale" last night (instead of watching Football) I dont know how I never saw this movie before but it was really good (although a tad hokie)

But in the move you also have:

Rober Baratheon

Vison

The Funny Robot from Rogue One

Albiet sad to see Heath Ledger before his death

Watched "A Knights Tale" last night (instead of watching Football) I dont know how I never saw this movie before but it was really good (although a tad hokie)

But in the move you also have:

Rober Baratheon

Vison

The Funny Robot from Rogue One (K2-SO4)

Albiet sad to see Heath Ledger before his death
Love that move! It had quite the cast! Also Lydia from Breaking Bad.

We watched Venom last night. Not terribly good, and definitely not Tom Hardy's best role, but I did find myself laughing a lot at how ridiculous I found that movie. I'd describe it as a rom-com between Tom Hardy and the alien symbiot thing, in the form of an action movie that I think was trying to take itself seriously?

Or maybe it was meant to be an action sci-fi rom-com after all?

Last edited by a moderator:
How? How have you never seen that?
It was 2001, I had an 18 month old, a 3 month old, 9/11 happened, had just gotten out of the military/ was trying to get back in/ work / etc- I guess somehow I missed it and it never looked very appealing to me but the daughter was watching it and I raised her to have good taste:)

Back