Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw lion king remake tonight. The cgi was unreal but the movie was meh. It lacked the same heart and feel from the voice acting that made the original so good. 

So kinda like the "Dumbo" remake?  Fine to watch, but just meh as a movie.  At least "Dumbo" tried to change the story up a little bit.

I would imagine that, as long as there any bit of profit in crapping out remakes, Disney will keep doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suffered through the real CATS twice, **** sure don't need to see it as a movie.  Although I can play a solid Memory on the Piano..

They are making money but I just don't have any desire to see Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the beast remake- I cant be the only one.  But it sure seems to me this has been a bust for summer movies. Cant think of much out that was worth seeing, where usually in the summer I take a long lunch a few times and catch something.

Watched the new "MIB: International" last night.  It was fine.  I seem to remember it getting hammered pretty hard, but I'm not sure what people were expecting, it was a lot like the first 3, just different people.

I think it was just bad timing coming out on the heals of avengers ( fat Thor) - I plan to see it whenever its out of the theatres.

fat-thor-marvel-legends-1179297.jpeg

Normally not a fan of sequels but. The New top gun trailer looks like the best movie out in a long time!
I'm losing interest after learning that China has already censored even the American version - the Chinese financial backers made the filmmakers remove the Japanese and Taiwanese flags from Tom Cruise's jacket. **** that movie.

1200x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that same story, but think about it when is the last time you saw China shown negatively in a Hollywood movie?

The Chinese pretty much own all of Hollywood , marvel transformers X-Men etc.

And didn’t anyone think it was odd when China shows up to save the day is that Mars movie? I’m sure they had no influence in that decision

I survived The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

The_Lost_World_%E2%80%93_Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg

Pure, unadulterated dumpster fire.  So so so stupid.  Too many things that just aren't possible or even likely to happen just magically happen (let's forget about the dinosaurs).  I can't write any more about this movie.  

tenor.gif

Watched whatever the latest Godzilla movie is yesterday after work.  Mostly out of boredom...wife working, kids gone...and it was at the top of the page of movies that people ware watching.  To be fair, a lot of times movies jump to the top of the list because they've just come out on disc or digital so people are watching it because it's a good picture and not necessarily because it's a good movie.

i cant remember the names but I think I have started and stopped so many of the Netflix movies this year I lost count. they seem to start out good and then fizzle out after 20 min. latest one was about some kids at a summer camp fighting aliens..

^We watched that. Pretty crappy, but the boy enjoyed it so it was a worthwhile watch.

I am starting to burn out on movies. Not very many good ones being made anymore. Series are where the action is at now, but I often avoid the new series because I don't want to commit to something for that long, and/or it's too adult to watch around the kid. So instead I've been reading more and playing video games. Probably for the best....

Well, we actually went to see the Angry Birds Movie 2 this weekend, just because we were looking for something to do and the reviews stated it was surprisingly better than you would expect, or something like that. It wasn't the best movie I have seen this year, but I laughed out loud several times. There were some pretty well constructed gags in that movie. Good comedic timing. 

I’m planning to go see Dora the explorer with my 18 year olds daughter- it actually looks like the best movie of the summer.

Hey look everybody-Dora brought a knife on the field trip!

Let us know how it goes. That one also got surprisingly good reviews. We considered both, but the boy opted for the Birds.

Back