Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw A Star is Born over the weekend. The acting was just okay, but the music was quite good. Bradley Cooper was hot, but no surprise there. I did shed some tears at the end.

For the umpteenth time, we watched Silent Hill this weekend.

silent-hill-version2-movie-poster.jpg

Rose is looking for her kid.  Rose, by the way, is pleasing to the eyes.  She's married to the bad guy from National Treasure.  I don't know what she sees in him.  Anyway, this bangin' police officer in tight leather police pants puts cuffs on Rose and talks rough to her.  She ends up shooting an armless demon and takes off some clothes because they were hit with some sort of acid or something.  Whatever.  The Darkness comes and goes and, along with it, apocalyptic-looking demons like Pyramid Head.  The town's transitions between light and darkness are awesome and look like lung disease waiting to happen.  Yada yada yada, good movie every single time I watch it.  4 burning stars for this one.

Radha Mitchell (Rose) gets 4 stars.  Laurie Holden (leather pants po-po) gets 4 stars. 

tumblr_mtyzpz8jWL1szmn7ko1_500.jpg

Nurses... 4 stars on a kink scale...? 

42f25be127d8d293856e5cda2ef90fc1.jpg

Saw Super Troopers 2 while I was traveling for work and needed to kill time in the hotel.  Definitely not worth watching and absent of the "charm" and humor from the first movie.

I would like to see that one!

~ so my wife and daughter drug me out to see A Star is Born yesterday - I mean what the F was the point of that movie?  After it finished there was a row of people crying next to me and I just said "that is in the top 5 worst movies I have seen"

what was I missing?  I mean it was cool to see Andrew Dice Clay though..

Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald was awful.  Other than Grindelwald, the characters were pretty boring and the plot pretty non-existent other than to extend the series even further.  Even worst, it muddies (or rewrites) most of the existing Harry Potter timeline so it's all fairly nonsensical.  

Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald was awful.  Other than Grindelwald, the characters were pretty boring and the plot pretty non-existent other than to extend the series even further.  Even worst, it muddies (or rewrites) most of the existing Harry Potter timeline so it's all fairly nonsensical.  
Probably won't bother watching it.  Watched the first one (tried anyway) recently because the wife had said something about seeing the new one and I couldn't tell you what it was about...was on my iPad and movie wasn't good enough to keep my attention.

I know the ladies like Jason Moana but this Aqua man movie looks pretty terrible.. I mean the trailer doesn't even look good!

I plan to pay zero dollars to see movies in the theatres for 2019.

Since “Venom” is out on video I just finished watching that. Sorry, I didn’t think it was that bad, but then I was never in to comics so there’s no storyline variations for me to get all upset about. It was your typical superhero? type movie...a bunch of action without a load of substance but entertaining enough. 

Back