MLB Playoffs 2009

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Destiny....if you believe so....Yankess vs Dodgers in the World Series. Joe Torre against his Padawan, Joe Girardi.

The media would have a field day with this one....The Revenge of Joe Torre...East vs West...

It is the first time that I do not even follow the playoffs game by game. I was really glad when the Twins took the Tigers out(personal reasons...I did not dislike the Tigers. Actually was my favorite team a couple of years ago). But looks to me like a World Series between the Dodgers and the Yankees will produce a lot of $$$$$ for whoever has the TV rights. The former manager against his old team is an angle so easy to market.

Good luck to all your teams.

Destiny....if you believe so....Yankess vs Dodgers in the World Series. Joe Torre against his Padawan, Joe Girardi.
But looks to me like a World Series between the Dodgers and the Yankees will produce a lot of $$$$$ for whoever has the TV rights. The former manager against his old team is an angle so easy to market.
Yeah, that series matchup would blow away the ratings from last year - Phillies & Rays. . .seriously, who caresd? it was good to see Philly get the win certainly, but not much draw on a national scale

It is the first time that I do not even follow the playoffs game by game. I was really glad when the Twins took the Tigers out(personal reasons...I did not dislike the Tigers. Actually was my favorite team a couple of years ago).
I'm curious DK, you do not carry the same disdain for the Yankees? Ivan's latest roost is with the Rangers, you'd be hating the entire AL at the rate his career trades are going.

sigh...while it's good to get guys on base, it means nothing if we can't get them home...
Carpenter didnt have it together and offense just wasnt there. makes for a disapointing start the the post season.

however...GO CARDS!!

I'm curious DK, you do not carry the same disdain for the Yankees? Ivan's latest roost is with the Rangers, you'd be hating the entire AL at the rate his career trades are going.
It is not like that EM. I do not hate the Tigers because Ivan. Actuallly I do not really hate the Tigers. When I said it is personal it is personal. There is somebody from Michigan, and it is not JR, that I do not like. I even enjoyed when Notre Dame won the game against MSU(the person bought the diploma there) and I really dislike Notre Dame.

Baseball is a business and I understand that so, for how many teams Ivan played or plays in the future is something I do not care. I still like the Astros and the Rangers.

About the Yankees, they have never been my favorites but I am not a Yankee hater. I am indiferent.

From all the teams in the playoffs, if I have to pick and choose the World Champion, I would pick the Cardinals. Their Spring Training Complex was across the street from the place I lived until last year and, yes, I am an Albert Pujols fan.

^ My bad DK, i just remember from the other baseball thread many moons ago you had written off the Tiges when they (stupidly) traded Pudge to the Yanks. I just thought it was still that. . . i am idioto :lamo: .

Yeah i feel same about the Yankees, don't hate them but sure in the hell don't love em either. If I had to pick the Series, I'd go Angels & Dodgers, let the Yanks fail to produce yet again with that kind of payroll, give us a Cali series B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Merlin's beard! I shoulda known the jinx was on for the Tigers. . .

Sept 28 SI Cover:

The SI Cover jinx claims another hapless victim

That 9th inning in LA was a wild one. Tough catch but Holliday shoulda caught it. Franklin just melted down afterward. Couldn't find the strike zone with a map.

Good job Angels! You put everyone in my office is a bad mood today. :D

It is not like that EM. I do not hate the Tigers because Ivan. Actuallly I do not really hate the Tigers. When I said it is personal it is personal. There is somebody from Michigan, and it is not JR, that I do not like. I even enjoyed when Notre Dame won the game against MSU(the person bought the diploma there) and I really dislike Notre Dame.
Baseball is a business and I understand that so, for how many teams Ivan played or plays in the future is something I do not care. I still like the Astros and the Rangers.

About the Yankees, they have never been my favorites but I am not a Yankee hater. I am indiferent.

From all the teams in the playoffs, if I have to pick and choose the World Champion, I would pick the Cardinals. Their Spring Training Complex was across the street from the place I lived until last year and, yes, I am an Albert Pujols fan.

You lived in Jupiter?!

You lived in Jupiter?!
Used to. Near Roger Dean Stadium. Friday nights were my favorites(fireworks). Never went to a Spring Training game but did go to several minor league games. I do remember a game between the Cardinals and the Vero Beach Dodgers. A young player, from the Dodgers team, hit two homers, one to the LF and other to the RF, and the scouts went nuts making phone calls to their superiors. The player was Matt Kemp, who actually plays CF for the LA Dodgers(I think).

I am starting to think the Yankees are going to win it all. There are ways to win games and then there is the Yankee way to win games. Defiine Walk Off Home Run....Yankees.

A-Rod tied the game in the 9th with a 2 run HR also. When a team starts doing things like that...........hmmmmm

Damn, I went to bed after the 8th inning. Looks like I missed a wild one.

The mrs. is pulling for the Sox to get swept. Not that she has any allegiance one way or the other. It's just that the train station she uses for work is the one that serves the stadium, and its a real flyball to Matt Holliday's groin getting on/off the train when it's a gameday.

We listened to the first 8 innings of the Sox-Angels in the car on the way home from Maine today. Managed to catch the 9th at home. I loved how that harmless 2 out hit in the ninth turned into a series winning rally. My boss was at the game today and I can't wait to needle him on Tuesday.

Then the Pats bent over and took it from the Denver Ugly Striped Socks and it evened things out a bit.

Well, the AL is ready to go and the Dodgers are waiting for Phillies/Rockies to decide who wants to play them for the NL pennant. I am watching the game and looks like it is football weather in Colorado.

Philladelphia just took the lead in the top 4th(4-3) and looks like it is going to be a hitters night. At this rate we will playing the WS by November. Can you imagine how it is going to be in Minnesota when they play in their new open roof stadium? You have to be careful with what you ask for since you might get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back