MICHIGAN - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Michigan.gov "check a license" tab is offlline for "upgrading", it's supposed to be back up today (Monday). Maybe they are adding a batch of new names --- fingers-crossed!!!

OH! my card and "certificate" (if you can call it that) came on Friday - so its official, and its done. :) I am sure if there were problems you would have been contacted (like me, with forgetting the signature)... maybe it just took people a long time to turn in their reference forms?

OH! my card and "certificate" (if you can call it that) came on Friday - so its official, and its done. :) I am sure if there were problems you would have been contacted (like me, with forgetting the signature)... maybe it just took people a long time to turn in their reference forms?
Congratulations Raanne!

I'm assuming you are right about things just taking time. It's so hard to be patient when I know others are getting their licenses!

There is the fact that two of my references were California... that could add some time if they had to check them out.

-Ben

Congratulations Raanne!

There is the fact that two of my references were California... that could add some time if they had to check them out.

-Ben
Actually i'm sure thats teh case - all of my references were michigan, so they didn't really have to do any checking up (except for in their own records)...

good luck! I hope you get it soon! oh - and keep checking the website, because i found out my license number way before i actually got anything in the mail.

(if you are looking for anything to hang up, you might wnat to order a decorative certificate - what they send is hardly frameable)

Actually i'm sure thats teh case - all of my references were michigan, so they didn't really have to do any checking up (except for in their own records)...
good luck! I hope you get it soon! oh - and keep checking the website, because i found out my license number way before i actually got anything in the mail.

(if you are looking for anything to hang up, you might wnat to order a decorative certificate - what they send is hardly frameable)

Is it like calling the elevator? The more I push the button (check it) the sooner it arrives?????? :brickwall:

The wait is killing me. I think this is harder than waiting for the test results!

Is it like calling the elevator? The more I push the button (check it) the sooner it arrives?????? :brickwall:
The wait is killing me. I think this is harder than waiting for the test results!

August 27: Still waiting for a license in Michigan.

August 27: Still waiting for a license in Michigan.
I'm still waiting too, no letter, nothing on the website! I noticed that you need to search on full last name only in the new license look-up (do not include any letters of a first name). Not as many automatic wild card search features. It looks like they migrated a lot of data (e.g. old or lapsed) to the new database. ModernDoug

ok - now i feel like a freak for getting mine so soon - i wonder what the hold up is... its past the 6 weeks from when we got our letters - have you tried calling them?

/good luck...

ok - now i feel like a freak for getting mine so soon - i wonder what the hold up is... its past the 6 weeks from when we got our letters - have you tried calling them?
/good luck...

Raanne,

I'm trying to be 'patient' since I figure they're getting plenty of calls that are driving them crazy...

My patience does have an expiration date though!

I figure if I don't see it by the end of the week, I'll contact them early next week to ask if everything is OK.

I'll keep you all posted,

-Ben

I have about the same level of patience and sensitivity to "bugging them". BigBen, I'll wait to hear how your call goes next week, before I unleash the dogs.

Thanks, ModernDoug

Raanne,
I'm trying to be 'patient' since I figure they're getting plenty of calls that are driving them crazy...

My patience does have an expiration date though!

I figure if I don't see it by the end of the week, I'll contact them early next week to ask if everything is OK.

I'll keep you all posted,

-Ben
Have you called / heard / seen anything new? Thanks.

Have you called / heard / seen anything new? Thanks.
Nothing yet.

I ended up going out of town for a few days this week on a new project.

I'm going to drop them an Email before I leave.

I'll report in when I know more!

(Still waiting)

-Ben

Nothing yet.I ended up going out of town for a few days this week on a new project.

I'm going to drop them an Email before I leave.

I'll report in when I know more!

(Still waiting)

-Ben

OK, I know more now!!!

I contaced Michael Pillow again. His reply sounded like he's pretty stressed out, but progressing through the applications.

Long story short: They review the license applications in the order of 'last reference received', or 'application complete' sequence.

Right now he's working on license applications that were complete on July 10. My last reference (my current boss!) didn't get his in until July 24! :brickwall:

He said it will likely be a couple more weeks before he'll even open up my application to know if there is anything else needed.

Hopefully this helps us all wait paitiently!!!!

-Ben

OK, I know more now!!!
I contaced Michael Pillow again. His reply sounded like he's pretty stressed out, but progressing through the applications.

Long story short: They review the license applications in the order of 'last reference received', or 'application complete' sequence.

Right now he's working on license applications that were complete on July 10. My last reference (my current boss!) didn't get his in until July 24! :brickwall:

He said it will likely be a couple more weeks before he'll even open up my application to know if there is anything else needed.

Hopefully this helps us all wait paitiently!!!!

-Ben
Ben - still no word??? Please tell me that there are assistants doing the initial sorts to determine completeness and put into various piles. I'm still sitting tight, but would like to know whether I need to scramble to fill a "hole" and get back in the "ready for consideration" stack. - ModernDoug

you know, I've been watching this, and was all excited when i saw there was activity in the Michigan Results thread - sux that its not news. I can't believe it is taking this long!

I'm sure this isn't a very promising thing, but do you think the state shut-down is going to mean no new licensing or progress until after the state government is up and running again?

Ben - still no word??? Please tell me that there are assistants doing the initial sorts to determine completeness and put into various piles. I'm still sitting tight, but would like to know whether I need to scramble to fill a "hole" and get back in the "ready for consideration" stack. - ModernDoug

I'm just trying to sit here patiently waiting.

I have no idea how long this may take. (I think the government is back in operation?)

My guess is that when they get to my file I'll either get a license, or a notifcation that more is needed.

This is all pretty frustrating after all the time and effort put in this spring.

Patient, I must be patient..... :brickwall:

As some of you know I am the sdrawkcab (backwards) guys. I PASSED the PE in 10/05 in ILLINOIS. But the FE/EIT was a beast and I didn't PASS it until 04/07 MICHIGIAN.

In ILLINOIS my application expired March of 07 which didn't allow me to sit for the 04/07 exam in Illinois. So I called Illinois 4 times before I opted to go to Michigian to take the FE/EIT. I asked if I have my FE/EIT scores sent from Michigian will you (ILLINOIS) release my license. They told me yes 4 times.

Needless to say after I got my PASS from Michigian I had Michigian (DLEG) send over my scores. Then Illinois started the :brickwall: . Then no one in the office could help. They then tell me that I must get my license from elsewhere 1st. What the FCUK I say ?

June 16th MI results received.

June 26th IL receives MI scores

June 27th IL says resubmit your application & $100

July 2nd IL application processed

Sometime after this Illinois starts the crap

July 13th IL send MI PE score

July 25th MI has my application for PE with everything included (letters of recommendations,transript,application, money, etc.)

Aug 1st MI cashes checks

Sep 18th MI calls me and states that Illinois scores says that I passed the FE (say it ain't so)

Sep 18th I have Illinois fax letter stating I Passed the PE

Sep 21st MI receives hard copy stating I Passed the PE

Oct 2nd MI states that my application should be complete by Friday

I'll keep you guys & gals posted

^^^^ Sounds about right for Illinois...lots of red tape to do anything! The Board of Prof Regulation is no different...it takes them months just to approve their meeting minutes. January 2007 minutes were not approved and releasable until August I believe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uggghhh. That sounds horrible. I feel for you....

But I didn't realize my screen name matches the MI licensing organization??? yikes - maybe I should change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just trying to sit here patiently waiting.I have no idea how long this may take. (I think the government is back in operation?)

My guess is that when they get to my file I'll either get a license, or a notifcation that more is needed.

This is all pretty frustrating after all the time and effort put in this spring.

Patient, I must be patient..... :brickwall:
:multiplespotting:

It came through late this afternoon.......

I'VE GOT MY LICENSE!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else's shows up soon!

-Ben

Back