ME's

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the morning session to be pretty easy. Got done with about 35-40 minutes to spare. The afternoonf took me a little longer. Overall, I think I passed with no problem.

I found the morning session to be pretty easy. Got done with about 35-40 minutes to spare. The afternoonf took me a little longer. Overall, I think I passed with no problem.
I had the opposite experience in April 2007 (ME Thermal/Fluids). ModernDoug

For the April 07 test, I solved most of the morning session problems within 4 minutes.

My plan was to attack any non computational problems first then then look through the test for problems that were one or two line solutions.

This technique helped to boost my confidence.

Also, I kept looking at my watch to make certain I didn't "Fall in Love" with any problem.

The afternoon session made me use my secondary plan.

PRAY!!!

:holyness:

And

:pASSED2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The morning section felt like a slam dunk for me. I answered almost all questions with a high degree of confidence, and the two or three that I had to guess at felt like good guesses. The afternoon was a little bit more humbling (I took the Thermo-Fluids depth), but I still came away feeling confident in the overall outcome.

A few days ago, I got my letter with "CONGRATULATIONS!" at the top. :party-smiley-048:

Hey Metro: Thanks again for your help! :thankyou:

Last edited:
The morning section felt like a slam dunk for me. I answered almost all questions with a high degree of confidence, and the two or three that I had to guess at felt like good guesses. The afternoon was a little bit more humbling (I took the Thermo-Fluids depth), but I still came away feeling confident in the overall outcome.
A few days ago, I got my letter with "CONGRATULATIONS!" at the top. :party-smiley-048:

Hi RVincet,

Congrats on ur Passing Result. Since u gave from California, Please answer this Question - Do I have a option of solving the problems in SI units and marking the asnwer in SI unit ??? I m not comfortable with English units...

Please Advice its huge difference to study.......

Thank you,

Deep

Hi RVincet,Congrats on ur Passing Result. Since u gave from California, Please answer this Question - Do I have a option of solving the problems in SI units and marking the asnwer in SI unit ??? I m not comfortable with English units...

Please Advice its huge difference to study.......

Thank you,

Deep

Well over 95% of the test is in English units (I think there was a problem or two in SI units, but I won't swear to that). Since it is multiple choice, the answers are in english units (only) as well. Sinch I learned in SI units (which I think is typical for engineering curriculum), studying for the test took a little adjustment.

Congrats RVincent! I will never ever forget the joyous feeling of opening that letter and finding out that I passed. It's not the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I've never felt more professionally fulfilled than I did that day. Congrats again!

Deep,

Forget that you ever even knew what SI units were. There will be no problems on the ME PE exam in SI units, it's a 100% English unit exam.

It's a DPMS LR-308 AP4 Carbine. It's an AR on steroids in .308 caliber instead of the wimpy (IMHO) .223. It's heavier, but still very handy, 16" barrel, 20rd mags. It will be the perfect hog hunting weapon. Where I hunt the hogs are more plentiful than you can imagine. Sunday evening I counted 50 different hogs while standing in one spot for an hour and a half. I could hear dozens more squealing and raising hell in the palmetto bushes behind me. They're really pests, they tear the hell out of the landscape in their unending search for something to eat.
They're a lot of fun to hunt, especially with short-range weapons (bow and arrow, handguns, rifles with open sights). They taste great too, especially the smaller ones (less than 100lbs). I don't know how familiar you are with wild hogs but they don't see very well so you can sneak right up on them if the wind is in your favor.

my gift (if pass) is a custom fitted set of golf clubs. - i've read your other post's metro & I too took Oct. 07 ME/HVAC PM. (for some stupid reason my profile says i'm civil?!?), anyways, the morning was tough for me. I did check marks too (sqaures and triangles) but didn't have enough time to finish and go back and see... I gauged it like this - at the halfway point, I then marked all the answers I had and I only circled in my book answeres I felt confident on... so in am i had 17 left, in pm i had 19 left. I really feel like i got 1/2 of the "second pass", but i have no clue if my score will match or better the magic "cut score". All's i can say about the HVAC PM test is thank god for Ashrae and all 4 books....

anyways, good luck to you, i hope you & i both passed.

Back