License by Comity - NY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeotechCT

Reaction score
Hi all--

I'm transferring my CT license to NY using the NCEES record method.  Can anyone speak to time it took to receive a license in NY following submission of the NCEES record (and payment/state specific form, of course)?

Thanks.

Wow, really CapNJ?  I sincerely appreciate your response on this.  

Anyone else have a similar experience?  Talking to someone in my office and they report they received their approval in only 13 business days!

All- for anyone who is interested in seeing where your timeframe for the NY board stacks up, I'm compiling a chart showing the distribution of waiting times.  I've got about 15 people from my company who have given me their times.  Anyone else on the forum have any duration they'd like to add?

Again- it is a chart showing the time it took for the NY board to grant your reciprocity using the NCEES record method.  Please let me know how long it took you and I'll add it to my data set.  CapNJ do you have any numbers?

I'm with ya GeotechCT... I'm trying to get my NY licenses vis-a-vis NJ.  I spoke to a guy today with the NY engineering board, he was very rude.  He said it takes up to 6 months.  I asked what the typical turn around time is and he replied "that's why we give 6 months."  I'm not quite sure what he meant by that.  Clearly not an engineer or English major.

Hi all--

I'm transferring my CT license to NY using the NCEES record method.  Can anyone speak to time it took to receive a license in NY following submission of the NCEES record (and payment/state specific form, of course)?

Thanks.
I can't even begin to answer your question but I commend you for using 'NY' instead of the ever-annoying 'NYS'.  ;)  

I sent in all my paperwork and fees in early April and am still waiting for NY licensure. I already have the CA license. I emailed the board to check on my application and they confirmed they are reviewing it but "it may take several months."  I used the NCEES record. I don't understand how they can process exam takers' applications faster than applications from those who are already fully vetted by another state. 

We have 1 engineer on staff that got comity in NY.  It only took 1 month from start to finish in 2016.

Thanks for the responses @KCaps PE and @PE Stamps.   I'm still waiting... I'm in about the same boat as you kcaps. Had everything in in early April, and so far nothing.  Hopefully soon!

I'm in the same boat. I passed in April 2016, but am still waiting for my CT to NY Transfer. Very frustrating. Now having issues with the NCEES Records website. My questions aren't going through. 

I emailed the board again about 10 days ago... I actually complained a little about the amount of time it's taking and I asked for the status of my application, and I got a real response! They said my experience had been approved and now they were waiting on finalization. Final processing should take another 3-5 weeks from when I emailed them. So now I check the website every day looking for my name... it should be soon! 

I emailed the board again about 10 days ago... I actually complained a little about the amount of time it's taking and I asked for the status of my application, and I got a real response! They said my experience had been approved and now they were waiting on finalization. Final processing should take another 3-5 weeks from when I emailed them. So now I check the website every day looking for my name... it should be soon! 
Thanks for the update, KCaps! I'm in the exact same position with "few more weeks, experience approved"- though the message was delivered to me over the phone.  They're very helpful when you call, but the 3-5 weeks is just not the answer I'm looking for! @CapNJ any update on your end?

Thanks for the update, KCaps! I'm in the exact same position with "few more weeks, experience approved"- though the message was delivered to me over the phone.  They're very helpful when you call, but the 3-5 weeks is just not the answer I'm looking for! @CapNJ any update on your end?
Still waiting over here. I'm right in the middle of my 3-5 week window.

I check the board's licensee lookup feature multiple times a day. Feels like waiting for my PE exam results all over again.

I check the board's licensee lookup feature multiple times a day. Feels like waiting for my PE exam results all over again.
I know it. I'm happy to report that yesterday -to my shock- I checked for perhaps the 400th time and there it was!  Registered.  I still did check compulsively a few more times for the rest of the day! Ha.  Old habits die hard I guess...

Good luck with yours.  Hopefully your wait is nearly done.

I know it. I'm happy to report that yesterday -to my shock- I checked for perhaps the 400th time and there it was!  Registered.  I still did check compulsively a few more times for the rest of the day! Ha.  Old habits die hard I guess...

Good luck with yours.  Hopefully your wait is nearly done.
Awesome! Congrats! Your certificate should show up in the mail really soon, too. Now you can order your shiny, new stamp!

Keeping my fingers crossed for this week!

Latest posts

Back