Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I read through some comcast junk mail and I can get cable added to my internet for cheaper than what I am paying for just internet - And even slightly faster internet than what I have at the moment - 

Like I can "cut the invisible cord to netflix / hulu and save money"!  I will have to check the other cable thread but I think I predicted this a few years ago?

We normally do sling through the holidays so I can see my HS Crush Jenny Garth in 100 different cheesy XMAS shows :D but my only real drawback to cable is I dont want to have a "Cable Box" - I just have a tv on the wall, nothing esle, and dont really want anything - Does anyone know if you can stream Xfinity / Comcast through any sort of app?

Dunno, but my sister said Comcast is the absolute worst of the worst when it comes to customer service/billing issues.  She actually ended up with some VP on the phone one day with a "how did you even get this number" response just to fix her ****.

We have them now for just internet and have had them off and on for 15 years probably, no real issues. 

But there isnt a viable 2nd option where we live.

And some people can also suck as customers too ;)  

We started watching Red Oaks.  It seems like this series was made as an excuse to find something for the out of work Mad About You B actors to do in their free time.

Watched "Alive" on Netflix - Korean zombie flick.  Had one or two pretty good parts, but was otherwise very meh and the ending very predictable.

I'm sure it was mentioned before when the first season came out, but Season 2 of "The Boys" has started on Amazon Prime. Amazon needs to get on the Netflix bandwagon and release whole seasons rather than one episode a week, but other than that, it's still a good watch.

That was one I couldnt get into either, may give it another try - it defin was a little strange the first couple of episodes..

I'm sure it was mentioned before when the first season came out, but Season 2 of "The Boys" has started on Amazon Prime. Amazon needs to get on the Netflix bandwagon and release whole seasons rather than one episode a week, but other than that, it's still a good watch.
Would you say you have to be into the superhero genre to enjoy it?

Would you say you have to be into the superhero genre to enjoy it?
No. If anything, I'd say it's more like real life if there were such things as super heroes. Sure Superman is a great guy and all, but after a while don't you think he'd get tired of having to be a goody two shoes all the time?

We tried Mad Men, but it never really hooked us. We didn't make it through the first season.

I watched the "Cuties" movie on Netflix that was causing all the stir.  I mean, you're supposed to be mildly uncomfortable watching it, since it is pre-teens learning to dance provocatively, but it's also a pretty solid commentary about growing up as a girl surrounded by social media telling you one thing, your peers telling you another, and your family telling you another.  Solid film, prob wouldn't watch it again because it wasn't that exciting, but it wasn't the 'raging pedophilia movie from France' that a lot of people made it seem to be on social media. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid film, prob wouldn't watch it again because it wasn't that exciting, but it was the 'raging pedophilia movie from France' that a lot of people made it seem to be on social media. 
Wait, it was or it wasn’t the raging pedophilia movie from France?

That's what I thought you meant! I was very confused when I got to the end of your post and you had said the opposite, which basically contradicted everything you'd written before. :)

I generally just make a habit of not watching a show with very young girls and anything dance related (even the dozens of other ones out there, dance moms or something?) - even back to the John Bonet Ramsey stuff, that type of stuff just always seemed odd to me. So before it started making the headlines it was one I mentally checked as "not watching" when it came up on the netflix

Our kids HS, in addition to the cheer leaders they take it down a notch lower and have a "poms" squad which basically goes out and twerks right after the marching band is done..  again not a prude or baptist, I enjoy going to Freemont Street, just dont need to see a 14 year old doing that, and hope most people dont.

_____

All of us Engineers should see how netflix does with this challenger show - I want to see it because NASA blamed the engineers for not speaking up before the explosion.. I am curious to see the netlfix spin they like to put on most of there stuff.. like somehow it will really be the midwest farmers fault or something :D

I read some of the hub-bub about “Cuties” and almost watched it just to see what the fuss was about, but realized I had absolutely zero interest in watching it no matter how many headlines it’s getting.

From the sound of it, sounds like people acting shocked after raising up guttersluts like Cardi B, Nicki Minaj or any one of the Kardashians as role models.

We watched The Social Dilemma last night. Definitely a thought provoker and made us do some self diagnosis.

Back