Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We watched Code 8 on Netflix the other day/week (I can't even remember these days) and I don't think I would recommend it. The premise for the movie was interesting enough, but somehow I didn't like the way the story was told very much. It seemed to skip a lot of points in the story that could have been better developed and told a better story.

since we dropped cable a couples months ago we are rewatching Eureka on Amazon prime.  I am in the middle of rewatching Stargate too.  

Our 20-year old college student told us the other day that he had never seen TITANIC. We watched it last night. 

I never watched any of the 11 pink panther movies.  I watched the 1975 one after a couple beers.  Just goofy.  Cracked me up. 

The kids and I finished up band of brothers last night - I think it was a good project to do (watching it)

I looked up that Captain Sobel- man that was depressing - he ended up serving in Korea also- retired as a Lt.Col and tried to kill himself at 70- it left him blind and he died at a VA center 17 years later - no one, not even his 3 kids came to his funeral -

RIP lt. Col Sobel

Recently watched "The Willoughbys" on Netflix.  Was a cute kids movie and I actually really enjoyed it.  Lots of sarcasm and the animation was weird (wasn't sure if it was claymation), but I enjoyed it.

Also watched a documentary (A Secret Love) about a lesbian couple who got together in the 40s and who are still together after 60+ years, and one of the women was on the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.  It was really good.  Really explained why they hid it from their families for so long, why it suddenly required them to 'reveal' it, and just how living like then during the past was so crazy.  Not going to lie, cried.

Finished "Waco", good short binge-worthy series.

Dangerous Lies - stunk, don't waste your time.  Super obvious plot, super cheesy ending.  

I didnt figure out till the end that David Koresh was Tim Riggins from Friday Night lights..

Started Homeland - its defin intriguing enough that It wasted several hours over the weekend, but its hard seeing Captain Dick Winters as a bad guy..

Last night, Mr. Leggo and I watched "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" -- and we both thoroughly enjoyed it! Seriously, I haven't watched anything that good since I don't know when!

The description Netflix gives wouldn't have grabbed me, but this one from the NYT Best 50 movies on Netflix right now did: "Edgar Wright (“Baby Driver”) helms this unique action/comedy with a zippy graphic-novel aesthetic. Though it's based on a comic book series and filled with video game-inspired sequences, viewers need not be familiar with either; Wright merely borrows the high-energy visual language of those genres to tell his sweet story more exuberantly and playfully. “Pilgrim” snaps and crackles, veering from one disarming set piece to the next with verve and vitality; A.O. Scott praised its “speedy, funny, happy-sad spirit.” And it’s a “before they were stars” extravaganza, presciently filled with talented young actors (Brie Larson, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Mae Whitman, Alison Pill, and many more) who were just about to pop. "

I like Baby Driver, so I thought this would be a good movie to take a chance on. The way Wright works comic book-like and computer game-like special effects into the movie is quite awesome, and the writing in this movie is golden -- super funny in an often awkward manner. I definitely recommend!

And ha! Edgar Wright (the director) also did Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. This guy is good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked Mary Elizabeth Winstead.  Watching that movie weirded me out a bit at first though, since the girl who plays Knives looks a LOT like my first girlfriend from high school.

Last night, Mr. Leggo and I watched "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" -- and we both thoroughly enjoyed it! Seriously, I haven't watched anything that good since I don't know when!

The description Netflix gives wouldn't have grabbed me, but this one from the NYT Best 50 movies on Netflix right now did: "Edgar Wright (“Baby Driver”) helms this unique action/comedy with a zippy graphic-novel aesthetic. Though it's based on a comic book series and filled with video game-inspired sequences, viewers need not be familiar with either; Wright merely borrows the high-energy visual language of those genres to tell his sweet story more exuberantly and playfully. “Pilgrim” snaps and crackles, veering from one disarming set piece to the next with verve and vitality; A.O. Scott praised its “speedy, funny, happy-sad spirit.” And it’s a “before they were stars” extravaganza, presciently filled with talented young actors (Brie Larson, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Mae Whitman, Alison Pill, and many more) who were just about to pop. "

I like Baby Driver, so I thought this would be a good movie to take a chance on. The way Wright works comic book-like and computer game-like special effects into the movie is quite awesome, and the writing in this movie is golden -- super funny in an often awkward manner. I definitely recommend!

And ha! Edgar Wright (the director) also did Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. This guy is good!
I love that one! My roommate in college introduced it to me. Mrs. Cheb isn't as big of a fan though, not really her style.

I love that one! My roommate in college introduced it to me. Mrs. Cheb isn't as big of a fan though, not really her style.
Bummer about Mrs. Cheb.

Mr. Leggo's style is normally action superhero movies and anything with Denzel Washington in it, and my style is more varied but I thought it was so funny! And Mr. Leggo was laughing just from the writing before any action happened, so I thought that was pretty great also.

Watched 'The Half of It' on Netflix last night.  It was one of those 'coming of age' high school movies.  It was pretty well-written and I was happy because it didn't end the way stereotypical high-school-themed movies usually end (you know, jock falls in love with the cheerleader and everything is hunky-dory).  Really enjoyed it and understand why it was a Netflix top 10 in the US.

Watched Rise of Skywalker.  Had moments that reminded me of Independence Day.  Wasn't terrible, but wasn't impressed either.

Just started watching Star Wars The Clone Wars season 7 on Disney +. My son and I prepared for it over the past month and a half by rewatching seasons 1-6. There are some clunkers in the original seasons for sure, but the whole series adds so much to the Star Wars saga that it really added to our enjoyment of the whole franchise. We're not very far into Season 7 yet, and don't have an opinion, but holy crap did Season 6 ever add to the main story, with tons of back story on some of the things mentioned just in passing in the movies, like Order 66 and the whole return from death Jedi thing.

Resumed watching 'Refresh Man', a Taiwanese drama.  Forgot that the episodes were a solid 50+ minutes each and Netflix categorizes each 'show' as only one series.  So I'm currently on episode 16...of 28.  And I know the original series was only 17 episodes, so I think they just combined everything.

We finally restarted Breaking Bad.  Hopefully we can stick with it this time.  I forgot just how old that show really is, the phones/clothes/everything is so incredibly dated.

I think that's just New Mexico?  Anytime I drive there I feel like I am in a black and white movie, waiting for the original brat back to come around the corner!

Back