Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minisnick is only 11 months and he already needs a belt to keep his pants up. <_< Had to make it too. They don't sell them small enough.
Wait until he turns 30 and has a 32" waist...Almost as much fun as having that plus size 13 feet! Pants are loose, shoes are tight!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke about my son earlier because he takes up most of my attention with his problems, and I forgot to brag about my daughter. My 13 year old daughter was voted class president for the 8th grade, and is vice president for the school as a whole. It's a small school (private) and there are only 11 kids in the 8th grade class, but if you ever meet my daughter, you'll know who's in command: she is. She's like a force of nature. All I can do, I fear, is just try to point her in the right direction and make sure she doesn't get sidetracked by anything wrong. She wants to be a doctor and has wanted that since she was 6, so I just try to make sure she focuses on school more than the other things a 13 year old girl is bound to become interested in. So far, so good on that front.

Minisnick is only 11 months and he already needs a belt to keep his pants up. <_< Had to make it too. They don't sell them small enough.
Wait until he turns 30 and has a 32" waist...Almost as much fun as having that plus size 13 feet! Pants are loose, shoes are tight!
Wait, I'm 31 and have a 31" waist. Even harder to find pants...

The Beautiful Princess (12) and Junior2 (10) did a triathlon last weekend [i could have forced Junior1 (14) to do it, but I gave him a pass].

Neither had trained very much, but they are both good bike riders and have done swim team before (but not in the last year) so I was pretty sure they could handle it.

The distance was 300yd/8mi/2mi for the Princess and half that for Junior, so I was pretty proud of them to actually finish! They got medals and t-shirts.

The Beautiful Princess (12) and Junior2 (10) did a triathlon last weekend [i could have forced Junior1 (14) to do it, but I gave him a pass].
Neither had trained very much, but they are both good bike riders and have done swim team before (but not in the last year) so I was pretty sure they could handle it.

The distance was 300yd/8mi/2mi for the Princess and half that for Junior, so I was pretty proud of them to actually finish! They got medals and t-shirts.
not a triathlete here

swim/bike/run ?

Yup: Swim, Bike, Run.

The swim was down & back & cross in a 50m pool. The bike was two mile laps so the riders going 8mi had to remember how many laps they did (timing chip prevented cheating). I saw one girl ride past the turn off with a pained look on her face, then declare, "Aw heck, that MUST have been four!", then turn around to head to the transition area.

The Princess admitted that she walked about half of the run course, which I told her was fine by me, as long as she finished. She came in 16 out of 21 in her group, which is practically podium as far as I'm concerned!

Junior was dead last. No seriously, dead last. He got a third of the way into the run and stopped. I was waiting at the finish line way too long, then had to go find him, and we had to have a special father/son moment about not quitting (note: "Special Father/Son Moment" did not involve a Great Santini moment, though that thought did occur to me; I chose "relentless enthusiasm" instead)

Hopefully she takes after my wife's family with the hair.... most everyone in my family is bald or almost bald...

She's been smiling a little here and there (mostly gas related).... but recently she started smiling when we talk to her (if she's wide awake)...

Hopefully she takes after my wife's family with the hair.... most everyone in my family is bald or almost bald...
She's been smiling a little here and there (mostly gas related).... but recently she started smiling when we talk to her (if she's wide awake)...
wait until she giggles for the first time.

When I can tell my mom or sister is having a bad day when I am on the phone with them, I tickle minisnick to get him to laugh and I can hear their moods lifting 100%.

^That's the truth. There's just something about the giggle of a baby that makes your day, especially when you are the one who made him/her laugh.

I've been told you get your hair genes from your mother's side of the family...

Guess I lucked out then. Everyone on my mother's side started balding in their 20's. My father is in his 60's and has thick hair that's not even entirely grey. My hair is a lot more like his. In fact, I've lost count of how many hairdressers have creeped me out by running their fingers through my hair and saying "Are you Italian? You have such thick hair!"

( I am about 25% Italian.)

Even though I've always heard this too I call BS on this one. My mom's side of the family didn't have any male baldness while my dad and his brothers are all bald. My brother and I are both going bald, so it doesn't seem to make any sense if it's passed on from your mom.

Guess I lucked out then. Everyone on my mother's side started balding in their 20's. My father is in his 60's and has thick hair that's not even entirely grey. My hair is a lot more like his. In fact, I've lost count of how many hairdressers have creeped me out by running their fingers through my hair and saying "Are you Italian? You have such thick hair!"

That's what you get for going to a hairdresser. A normal barber would never do that.

That's what you get for going to a hairdresser. A normal barber would never do that.
It's tough for a white guy to go to a barber in any of the places I've lived.

Besides, if I can have some 20-something running her hands through my hair with her chest brushing up against me for 15 minutes, you bet I'm going to a hairdresser.

It's tough for a white guy to go to a barber in any of the places I've lived.

Besides, if I can have some 20-something running her hands through my hair with her chest brushing up against me for 15 minutes, you bet I'm going to a hairdresser.
then why are you creeped out?

Back