Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one in 3rd grade, the other started Kindergarten today, and one who is 1.5 yrs.

Took them for a few cruises in the Camaro this past weekend.

cIMG00491s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter can climb stairs now at 10 1/2 months. I'm getting old.
how many gates have you installed? I'm sort of glad mini snick doesn't crawl.
We have five gates currently installed in my house (split level)... my oldest has been able to bypass them for years (5yo); the twins can only get the easy ones that fit in doorways.

I have the big, wide gate at the top of the steps from where our bedrooms (and their bathroom) are down to the family room... that one even baffles my wife sometimes. I have two of those ones that fit in doorways (that all the kids can open, but the metal banging around usually lets me know if someone is trying to escape) at the top of the stairs in the kitchen down to the family room and again at the stairs in our 4th bedroom/office down to the bedroom level. I have a big articulating one that keeps the family room divided from the steps up to the kitchen and down to the basement. I have one small one that keeps them from behind the bar in the basement.

DV, I bet your kids love riding in the Camaro. Looks like tons of fun for kids! (or even for me....)

All the school talk...

My oldest is in 2nd and my middle is in 1st grade... They just started last Thursday. It was TIME for them to go back to school, they were getting bored with us and mom and dad were ready to get some control of the house back...

40172_10150229099755062_871160061_13899484_1486914_n.jpg

And then there's the young one... He is a complete and total crack up. Here you can see what his opinion was of the girls (his biggest playmates) going back to school.

40284_10150229096280062_871160061_13899386_4875618_n.jpg

I can't say enough about my kids. I love being a Dad - great thread FL. I feel weird going back to the "expecting" thread when they are not really babies anymore.

I was playing Wii with the kids last night after dinner. In the middle of a intense game of doubles tennis, I cut a pretty spectacular fart. I asked my middle child, he'll be 4 next month, what he thought about it in a proud sort of way. He strolled over, stuck his nose to my rear end, takes a big wiff, and congratulated me on a job well done. That' s my boy.

Mr. Snick was sitting on a bench with Mini-snick the other day when an ant came towards them. Mini-snick was standing, saw the ant and proceeded to stomp on it several times. The ant managed to escape alive.

Trying again,

Here are my two little bundles of joy. The oldest is 4-1/2 and the youngest is 2-1/2.

The oldest has the knack, for instance, this morning he wanted to know what the names to all the parts of the coffee maker were and how to make two metals stick together, i.e. welding. He learned how to swim this summer. He can read most 3 and 4 letter words now and he has one more year of preschool before he starts kindergarten.

The youngest is potty trained now which is awesome and she thinks she's 21 years old. Her vocabulary is very impressive, shes' very strong willed, but she has her sweet moments. Having a big brother has made her pretty tough.

07_15_10_198web_copy.jpg

P.S., They're total beach bums. I think they would prefer to go to the beach than anything else. It could be 20 degrees outside and they would be happy going to the beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
The oldest has the knack...
Fan of Dilbert?

I'm not, but I've seen the cartoon. He is now in a phase of taking apart his toys. I am continually amazed at the questions he asks. Last night was:

"What is the moon made of?"

"What makes the moon move?"

"Why don't all houses have attics?"

He also "invented" a bath tub with a door on it so I don't have to pick him up to get him out of the tub. While I know that this has already been invented, I thought it was impressive that a 4 year old recognized a problem and developed a solution for it.

The youngest is potty trained now which is awesome and she thinks she's 21 years old. Her vocabulary is very impressive, shes' very strong willed, but she has her sweet moments. Having a big brother has made her pretty tough.
Do we have the same kid? You just described my little girl to a "T" ( 2 1/2 yrs old as well)

Do we have the same kid? You just described my little girl to a "T" ( 2 1/2 yrs old as well)
Maybe our three daughters were seperated at birth. Same age here, similar characteristics. Maybe it's an engineer thing.

Maybe our three daughters were seperated at birth. Same age here, similar characteristics. Maybe it's an engineer thing.
My daughter too. Maybe it's a 3yr old girl with a big brother thing...

Back