In Texas, just passed PE, can I use PE in my name?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
So I received the email from TX Board and it has my license number. Also, I am on the PE roster already, BUT  I have not received my license in the mail. Can i use PE in my name already? 

Thanks, 

So I received the email from TX Board and it has my license number. Also, I am on the PE roster already, BUT  I have not received my license in the mail. Can i use PE in my name already? 

Thanks, 
The general consensus is that using P.E. after your name is acceptable after your name shows up in your state’s licensing database.

I would double-check your state’s law to be certain, though, since I am not licensed in Texas.

The general consensus is that using P.E. after your name is acceptable after your name shows up in your state’s licensing database.

I would double-check your state’s law to be certain, though, since I am not licensed in Texas.

Yeah, it is a little frightening to see all the folks on LinkedIn putting P.E. after their name without the license being issued.
Thanks for the replies. Being that I'm not sealing anything nor intend to until my certificate arrives, I had to submit a proposal today and I just know adding PE to my name would have helped. Of course I found a way to add I had passed my PE exam, but just being that I am on the roster and have a license number, I thought there may not be any harm in stating I'm a PE. 

I guess I"ll wait. , thanks! 

Back