ILLINOIS - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:multiplespotting:

I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been doing my happy dance since last night when I found out :)

This message is for 'coffeeforclosers.' Congrats and a happy new year to you! I'm a new member to this website. Can you please share your study tips for passing the IL Civil-Structural PE? Which books should I have for the April exam? How much time did you allocate to study the morning exam? Any sample test books that I need to go through (other than NCEES and 6-minute Solution)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
This message is for 'coffeeforclosers.' Congrats and a happy new year to you! I'm a new member to this website. Can you please share your study tips for passing the IL Civil-Structural PE? Which books should I have for the April exam? How much time did you allocate to study the morning exam? Any sample test books that I need to go through (other than NCEES and 6-minute Solution)?
Thanks in advance!
I took the this review course: http://www.illinoisengineer.com/PERS.shtml. IMO, you can skip the rest: the prep books, the cover-to-cover reading of the CERM or any other tutors/courses. My schedule at work was 50+ hours a week and I had a newborn baby to deal with at home so the course was the only time I had to study (2, 3-hour sessions per week). I allotted another 5 hours or so to put tabs in my CERM. If you understand dimensional analysis, you will get about 50% of the problems correct. Hope that helps...

I passed civil construction and now i can show off my PE-ness!!!! :party-smiley-048:

I passed. Only took 65 days 17 hours 15 minutes. Oh, who cares how long it took. :pASSED2:

I am so Happy I don't have to take the test ever again! Also, I am excited to unsubscribe from the PPI mailing list.

:mf_bounce8:

Anybody know when we get the license number? I don't think I'm too confident until we get a license number. Thanks.

With CTS notifying electrically, the state is usually several days to a week behind that in uploading the license numbers.

NCEES has released the SE II exam results to CTS as of TODAY. Not sure how long it takes CTS to get them updated so they show up on the website.... They are not up yet.

I did not send in the written application before taking the exam in October. Can I send that in now? Did everyone already mail this in before the exam?

I looked at things quickly when signing up for the exam and thought that the online application was a substitute for the written application. Now I'm worried my license will be delayed....help please!

Also I paid around $280 for the PE exam, now I have to pay an additional $100 for endorsement?

Oops I see endorsement is for someone who already has a PE license...what do I apply for then...examination? The thought of that is a little scary. Having to pass once is good enough for me!

I did not send in the written application before taking the exam in October. Can I send that in now? Did everyone already mail this in before the exam?
I looked at things quickly when signing up for the exam and thought that the online application was a substitute for the written application. Now I'm worried my license will be delayed....help please!

Also I paid around $280 for the PE exam, now I have to pay an additional $100 for endorsement?
usually it is $380 from the get go, $280 to CTS for the test and $100 to the state so they can review your experience and all that jazz before being approved to even sit for the test. But the Oct test was the first time you could take the test without first having the 4 yrs experience, and they didn't revise the instructions ahead of time. so there is a big gray area about it all. You will likely have to submit the written application and $100 so the board can review your experience before a # will be issued. CTS does not determine if you are qualified. so I would say yes your license is going to be delayed. call the board tomorrow to see what they suggest or wait for the letter from the state.

Illinois SEII exam results are posted online at CTS.... I passed! Thanks God, because there's no way I was going to retake the full 24 hours again. Good luck.

usually it is $380 from the get go, $280 to CTS for the test and $100 to the state so they can review your experience and all that jazz before being approved to even sit for the test. But the Oct test was the first time you could take the test without first having the 4 yrs experience, and they didn't revise the instructions ahead of time. so there is a big gray area about it all. You will likely have to submit the written application and $100 so the board can review your experience before a # will be issued. CTS does not determine if you are qualified. so I would say yes your license is going to be delayed. call the board tomorrow to see what they suggest or wait for the letter from the state.
Thanks, I emailed and they responded that I should fill out the written application and send it in now. Do you think its ok for me to get my transcripts sent directly to the state or does it have to be sent with my application as a whole?

Thanks, I emailed and they responded that I should fill out the written application and send it in now. Do you think its ok for me to get my transcripts sent directly to the state or does it have to be sent with my application as a whole?
I had them sent directly to the state, they will be in a sealed envelop anyways. As with your references provide them a stamped envelope so they can mail the form in.

For those of you that have had multiple goes at the test in Illinois, how long did it take to receive your letter from CTS after they posted the results on their website?

Back