Illinois Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just passed my PE exam and now the hard part of working on my application for the "great" state of Illinois. I have some questions perhaps you all can provide clarity for me on the experience verification.

The VE-PNG form requests that supervisors list projects and include the name, location, type, materials used, applicant role, and person who sealed the project, My questions are:

Are materials referring to reference materials or construction materials? If i worked under a PE but the industry didn't require them to seal/stamp projects, can they just say they approved the work for internal use?

I'm going to be submitting work experience covered my the manufacturing exemption, did you have your supervisor just state that the work was exempt? 

Also, if i passed my FE in another jurisdiction, did you have them send it over again with your application or send it over via NCEES?

Thanks in advance! 

Hello All,

Just passed my PE exam and now the hard part of working on my application for the "great" state of Illinois. I have some questions perhaps you all can provide clarity for me on the experience verification.

The VE-PNG form requests that supervisors list projects and include the name, location, type, materials used, applicant role, and person who sealed the project, My questions are:

Are materials referring to reference materials or construction materials? If i worked under a PE but the industry didn't require them to seal/stamp projects, can they just say they approved the work for internal use?

I'm going to be submitting work experience covered my the manufacturing exemption, did you have your supervisor just state that the work was exempt? 

Also, if i passed my FE in another jurisdiction, did you have them send it over again with your application or send it over via NCEES?

Thanks in advance! 
I am in similar situation as yours. My 2.5 years of experience was in manufacturing under a non PE. I called the board to ask if they accept that work experience but they didn't pick the call. Will try again on Monday.

I called them about this already, they will. I was just asking if the supervisor who signed off explicitly stated this on the form or if this was communicated via a cover letter.

I am in similar situation as yours. My 2.5 years of experience was in manufacturing under a non PE. I called the board to ask if they accept that work experience but they didn't pick the call. Will try again on Monday.

I am also interested in this! Please let us know if you can get a hold of the board!

I called them but they have no clue what I was asking. The lady who picked up the phone said just do what website says lol. 

I am also interested in this! Please let us know if you can get a hold of the board!
If your experience not under a PE is in manufacturing/government work/railroads you just need to state that explicitly. A cover letter was recommended to me as the best way to do this. I also asked that my supervisors in those positions write that up as part of the representative work section when they filled out the form.

Found my number in the system today. Illinois did not take issue with any of my experience paperwork. So take that for what its worth.

Thank you 

If your experience not under a PE is in manufacturing/government work/railroads you just need to state that explicitly. A cover letter was recommended to me as the best way to do this. I also asked that my supervisors in those positions write that up as part of the representative work section when they filled out the form.
Thanks for sharing this. 

Back