I live and work in Georgia but took PE Exam in Florida. Does Georgia allow licensing by exam in another state.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someone191

Reaction score
I live and work in Georgia but took PE Exam in Florida. I am not sure if I should apply for PE license in Florida first or I am eligible to apply for PE license in Georgia based on my exam results from Florida. There are conflicting information on the internet, I called GA board, the lady there wasn't able to explain what is the procedure for my case. Wondering if anyone has been in similar shoes.

Last edited:
You need to research the rules by the Georgia board. We don't know the answer, they do.

I live and work in Georgia but took PE Exam in Florida. I am not sure if I should apply for PE license in Florida first or I am eligible to apply for PE license in Georgia based on my exam results from Florida. There are conflicting information on the internet, I called GA board, the lady there wasn't able to explain what is the procedure for my case. Wondering if anyone has been in similar shoes.

Speaking for Florida, you can take the PE exam in any jurisdiction that NCEES administers it, and we accept the results. Once you pass it and have the requisite engineering experience, we hope you apply for your PE in Florida. (Sorry for the late reply.)

If you have any questions regarding licensure in Florida, keep in mind that we're a privatized Board and our small staff handles only engineering licensure, so we are very responsive to emails and phone calls. You can find out the analyst to contact on our website.

Back