Best way to get British Columbia P.Eng with WA PE License

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expat

Reaction score
I have my WA state PE license (13+ years). I moved to British Columbia and am looking at the best way to get my P.Eng without having to take a bunch of tests.

It looks like the process, if going the non-comity route, is here:
https://www.egbc.ca/Registration/In...ration/Engineer-First-Time-Applying-in-CanadaI would be exempt from steps 2-5 in the Documents Required section.

However, it looks like I would still need to take the National Professional Practice exam and complete the Professional Engineering and Geoscience Practice in BC Online Seminar. I'm sure these aren't terribly hard, but I'm just curious if there's some way to avoid this. Something like: get Nevada PE -> get Alberta P.Eng -> get BC P.Eng

I'm just really short on time right now so am looking for some shortcuts, even if it costs a little extra money than the standard procedure.
Thanks!

Similar situation here. I applied in December last year and passed the exam this April. The application is still under review. It's kinda slow

Back