I Got 999 First World Problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fantasy football draft took a little too long last night and I didn't get to bed at my usual bedtime.

I cant use the leaf blower my parents gave me because I dont have a "mixed gas" container.

The sound deadening in my race car isn't as easily removable as I'd hoped.

2-part problem:

When people send you pdf's in "non-standard" sheet sizes. How the hell am I supposed to print an entire 12x18 to scale without a plotter?

Our scanner/copier won't do multi-sized scans/copies. If I want to copy a proposal or geotech report with both 8.5x11 and 11x17 sheets I have to split it into multiple sessions (and I have to merge pdf's if I have to scan it). Heaven forbid I have to make multiple copies...

It took the waiter 20 minutes to split our lunch bill. There were only 6 of us there...

There isn't a restaurant within an easy walking distance of my office, I either have to bring my lunch or eat at the crappy cafeteria in the lobby.

Our cafeteria is down the street on main campus and the school expects staff and faculty to pay for their own parking sticker to park over there... we don't even have a community fridge or microwave here so most people walk next door to Kroger's bistro...

The support posts in my 1200sf basement make trying to build a home theatre difficult.

What's giving you problems? Seating? Projection?

I'm looking to finish-out my basement, so I'm working on the overall framing layout. There's a beam that runs the length of my basement that has a pair of intermediate support posts that are literally right in the middle of the room. Trying to get a room the right size that doesn't end up with posts in the viewing area is difficult (but not impossible)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back