I AM SICK OF ICE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dreaming of one! I don't know if I could explain to my daughter that it doesn't always have snow at Christmas. This is the first year she is on to the whole Christmas / Santa thing - she is 2.75 yrs old. The other day she asks, "where is our fire, how will Santa come in?" I struggled explaining that he will come down the chimney, into the basement, and walk up the stairs to the tree. Then I had to show her the access port to the chimey (it is for our furnace).
That topic is going to be interesting when we decide to have kids. The hubby's folks didn't believe in the whole Santa thing and told them right away. They felt believing in Santa took away from the true point of Christmas, the birth of Christ, and that you are lying to your children. I already tried explaining to the hubby that St. Nicholas was a real person, patron saint of children, commercialization has turned him onto the jolly fat man. I know that agrument wont hold with the inlaws because they don't recognise the Sainthood thing either...should not be praying to anyone other than God.

That topic is going to be interesting when we decide to have kids. The hubby's folks didn't believe in the whole Santa thing and told them right away. They felt believing in Santa took away from the true point of Christmas, the birth of Christ, and that you are lying to your children. I already tried explaining to the hubby that St. Nicholas was a real person, patron saint of children, commercialization has turned him onto the jolly fat man. I know that agrument wont hold with the inlaws because they don't recognise the Sainthood thing either...should not be praying to anyone other than God.
We are getting her 2 gifts, one from Santa one from us. Which is great, Santa's gift is the Hungry Catipiller Board game (made in US) and our gift is a play house (made in Oh Canada). We have friends (materialistic ones) who have bought her more than we have!

Once I figure out who to pray to, I will start praying.

OK, I need to bitch a little...

***RANT ON***

Got a little too saucy watching the Jaguars almost screw the pooch against the Steelers on Sat. night. Got up around 8 on Sunday to go skiing, and discovered that ~12" had fallen at my house. Was a little hungover, but being an engineer, had to shovel and clear the driveway. Didn't eat anything first, but drank some coffee. Came inside for a break, my wife said I was pale and splotchy. She made me eat something (thankfully) and drink some water. Here is the real bitching part...I had just cleared my driveway, and the county plow drove by and re-buried my driveway! :eek:ldman: I HATE the county plow drivers...I think they get off on screwing people over. Anyway, I re-clear the driveway, and head up to the mountain (`1/2-hour away) to ski in 18" of fresh powder...freaking awesome! Get back, and there is about 4" of new snow at my house! ARGGHH! Decide to clear it in the morning...wake up this morning and there is MORE SNOW! And the stupid plow almost buried my work truck...AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

***RANT OFF***

Not to me an ass, but I shot a 98 at the local golf course on Saturday.
not bad for 9 holes. :rolleyes:

(sorry that's for being an a$$) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
check out my avatar. you need one.
I want one, but wifey says no-go, b/c we don't get enough of the white stuf (which is bullsh*t). I think she is just saying that with a newborn on the way, a snow blower is the last thing we need (which I tend to agree with). I'm thinking about trying to get one of those hand pushed snow throwers. Anyone got any experience with those? In short, if the wife had to shovel, we would have a nice shiny snowblower in the garage right now!

I want one, but wifey says no-go, b/c we don't get enough of the white stuf (which is bullsh*t).
I was told if you pick up accumulation of AT LEAST 4-inches of snow then a snowblower is a sound investiment. Not that I would know, I live in Florida but that is what I have heard at least.

FWIW - If you like, I can try to convince your wife that you need a snowblower. :)

JR

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure I want her knowing the things I post about here... :ph34r:

I want one, but wifey says no-go, b/c we don't get enough of the white stuf (which is bullsh*t). I think she is just saying that with a newborn on the way, a snow blower is the last thing we need (which I tend to agree with). I'm thinking about trying to get one of those hand pushed snow throwers. Anyone got any experience with those? In short, if the wife had to shovel, we would have a nice shiny snowblower in the garage right now!
Many of the push ones I have seen are electric and useless on anything over a couple of inches. We got a 9HP one a few years back after a storm on President's Day dumped over 24" on us. I was ever prepared, I went out and shoveled everything 4" or so had accumulated (for the first 8" anyway)... I did the last shoveling at 10PM and went to bed... I got up at 6AM and there was another 18" or so (plus the drifts and what the plow dumped at the end of my driveway - two cars wide, two cars deep and my neighbor's truck was in the street). I spent the entire day shoveling the driveway and enough room at the end to make a car width opening plus clear enough for the mailman (rural delivery). The next time we got 16" the next winter I went out, used the snow blower, and was drinking a beer shortly thereafter. It paid itself off after one use.

You'll notice that it's the individuals that don't shovel that always say that a machine isn't necessary.

Those little electric shovels aren't worth a damn. IMHO, Anything less than 5HP is wasting your time. Once you use one you'll never want to be without it.

eh, with all of this wariming going on, your blowers will be extinct soon.

Tornados in Jan. 60 deg in New England today...

it's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...

Back