How much time does it take for you to complete each practice exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dec 5th here. I wish you the best. 

I also was "questioning" myself last night studying I couldn't remember if P=I^2R for 3ph and 1ph or not. Another reason I hate not having our notes with us, something so simple we would have in front of us but if we don't memorize it we screwed. :(
Good luck! 

@akyip, @SparkyBill, @Byk Thanks so much! Good luck to ya'll too! 

Dec 5th here. I wish you the best. 

I also was "questioning" myself last night studying I couldn't remember if P=I^2R for 3ph and 1ph or not. Another reason I hate not having our notes with us, something so simple we would have in front of us but if we don't memorize it we screwed. :(
This right here! So many things. I developed so many formula sheets for myself.

I would love to have my own notes on the unsymmetrical fault current analysis stuff. I'm not great at deriving things on the fly (especially while nervous), and I would love to have my sheet for this instead of the teeny diagrams in the reference handbook.

@akyip, @SparkyBill, @Byk Thanks so much! Good luck to ya'll too! 

This right here! So many things. I developed so many formula sheets for myself.

I would love to have my own notes on the unsymmetrical fault current analysis stuff. I'm not great at deriving things on the fly (especially while nervous), and I would love to have my sheet for this instead of the teeny diagrams in the reference handbook.
I know for a fact I am super comfortable with any engineering they throw at me. It's going to be nice at least knowing a little SOMETHING (unlike the FE with communications and software blah) but I'm reading the hell out of NEC. I catch myself digging and digging and 20 minutes going by in it feels 20 seconds. :(

I know for a fact I am super comfortable with any engineering they throw at me. It's going to be nice at least knowing a little SOMETHING (unlike the FE with communications and software blah) but I'm reading the hell out of NEC. I catch myself digging and digging and 20 minutes going by in it feels 20 seconds. :(
The only thing with the NEC is that I need to remember to read exceptions. I'm pretty comfortable with the index and table of contents though.

FE wasn't too bad... I think the AM session was the worst -  granted I took it in 2012.

For this I'm definitely worried more about being asked a conceptual question that I have no idea about. Power is so darn broad of a subject, and there will be no way to look up anything this round. 

NEC questions seem to reference mostly 110, 220, 240, 250, 310, 430, 450 and Chapter 9 Table 9. At least with practice problems that I have seen. But don't put all your eggs in those baskets.

I took the lates NCEES and the Graffeo practice exams and finished each 40 question session within 3 hours.
Have you taken the exam yet?
I just finished the Graffeo Exam. Do you think the Graffeo with the NCEES Practice will be enough?
I took the lates NCEES and the Graffeo practice exams and finished each 40 question session within 3 hours.

I just finished the Graffeo Exam. Do you think the Graffeo with the NCEES Practice will be enough?
Yes, I have taken the exam December 2020.

Graffeo is a good reference, however, the book has not been updated in years and has several mistakes in the book. While everyone is different, I would recommend a few more resources if you can afford it. Unfortunately, not many have published updates based on the CBT specifications. I can recommend two digital resources electricalpereview.com and engineerproguides.com who have both updated their materials to reflect the CBT exam specifications. Both have different price ranges depending on how much you want to use their programs or for how long.

Time shouldn't really be an issue on the exam. I was probably faster than the average time at about 5.5 hours but you should be able to complete the CBT exam within 6-7 hours. The time it takes to answer a question has gone down a lot when you aren't searching through textbooks, binders, etc.

Backing up what Dothracki said above, I highly recommend doing Zach Stone's Electrical PE Review full (80 questions) practice exam and Justin Kauwale's Engineering Pro Guides exams.

Without giving too much away, these practice exams are pretty (fairly) difficult for those who are just beginning to study for the PE Power Exam. They are a good measure of how to be prepared for the actual exam.

Back