How did you celebrate?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MetroRAFB

Alright, enough of us virgins whinning and crying about how tired we are and how stressed we are and how our collective "orifices" hurt. :violin:

I want to hear from all you overachievers that have passed already. How did you celebrate? I can imagine I'll bust out into tears like a little girl when I get the good news. B)

I was reffering to when you found out you passed. If you were confident that you passed without a doubt as you walked out of the test my hat's off to you. Hell, my hat's off to you anyway. :) I'll probably be in the mood to celebrate "that it's finally over" when the test is finished but won't truly celebrate until the pass letter is in hand.

By 3pm during the exam I knew I had already passed, so I stood up in the middle of the testing room and raised my arms ;guns; and I said YEAH!!! (not too loud) then sat back down when the proctors gave me the look... that's my first celebration after I finished (confident of my answers) 50% of the afternoon questions since I knew (felt) I had done better than 90% in the morning...

after the exam during the 2 hour drive back from Miami to my house I called everyone to tell them I passed the *******, that it wasn't difficult as it was painted to me... so My wife was waiting ready... that Friday.... got home, took a shower and went out for a nice dinner w/ lots of beer... (she drove back).

After that it was just an awful pain to have to wait for the "official" results, only because I knew I passed yet I could not officially sign or call my self a PE (in FL) or anything... after I got the letter, I did nothing, just confirm my boss what I had told him before, he congratullated me (along with all the office) and I got a $500 bonus (that went down to $333 after taxes).

I walked out of the exam feeling as confident as a guy who just scored a date with a supermodel. I just had a great feeling that I nailed it. I probably looked more like a guy who hadn't slept in a week though. I was spent.

When my letter from ELSES came, it was pouring, so I couldn't just tear it open and had to bring it inside to open it. When I saw I passed I ran back out the door and started celebrating like I just won the superbowl. My neighbor came out to see what all the screamin' was about. :true:

It is all a blur to me. I can tell you that I had NO IDEA if I passed or failed.

Funny thing is that probably months before I got the results, I estimated based on past results (as reported on this board and on "the other board") that I would get results on June 16th. I found out word of mouth "through the grapevine" that I passed on June 15th (which I didn't necessarily believe) and then got the official letter on June 17th. Others in Louisiana got theirs on June 16th.

Anyway, For some reason, I didn't do any official celebrating. My wife had a lot of things going on. We were vere busy with kids and a third on the way. We had birthday parties coming up, fences to rebuild, trees to have removed, new sod to plant, etc....

Everyone said "I knew you would pass, .... blah, blah, blah'' and that was about it. I'm sure I got drunk once or twice in the time frame of having found out, but nothing official. I think I still was in a state of denial that I had passed! :true:

Side note: I remember we had planned on picking up our new mini-van the day AFTER the exam. Its nice as mini-vans go (a Honda Odyssey). During the test, thinking I was going down in flames and failing I got a little breath of happiness thinking that at least I'd be picking up the new ride tomorrow. That was probably the closest to a celebration.

Ed

Last edited:
Once again Ed, I'm inclined to think my experience will be more like yours. If it's anything like the FE exam, I'll have not the foggiest idea how I did when it's over with. With all the "distractor" answers I doubt I'd feel too confident even if I thought I got them all correct. Vast quantities of alcoholic beverages will be consumed one way or the other that day.... :mail:

Ah well, enough blabbing, tomorrow starts my big push to the finish line. Practice test...... :prayers:

It is nice to hear that some people do come out thinking that they passed. That makes me feel better.

Now, did anyone think they passed and find out they did not?

I plan to celebrate the exam being over by having a Halloween party the next day.

It is nice to hear that some people do come out thinking that they passed. That makes me feel better.

I plan to celebrate the exam being over by having a Halloween party the next day.
Maybe you ought to dress up like an NCEES exam pencil! :D

Ed

Kinda.

I wasn't sure, but I thought I passed.

Then got my results and figured out that I was much worse than I thought.

I'm still wondering if I screwed up my answer sheet.

My results were a stressful experience to say the least.....Anyway, the results were starting to roll out and I had been excessively checking the SC licensee lookup page. Anyway, being the engineer I found another webpage that dealt with license renewals.

Huh, maybe I'll type my last name in and see what happens.

I type in my last name....nothing. Oh well no biggy. It was a valiant effort. Probably not updated yet.

Check this site in the afternoon...a poster says he tried the same thing and his last name showed up with a number. Oh well no biggy, probably another discpline.

Another poster pipes up and says he took CE and his number is up on the renewal site. Oh well no biggy, his last name begins with "A".

Third poster says he took CE, his number is up, and his last name started with "S".

OMFG!!!!!!! I frantically check again. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. Granted this is on a Thursday afternoon. Then I begin thinking about explaining to my bosses how I could fail when I was running around after the exam telling everyone I smoked it.

****, how could I fail.

Go to bed that night and didn't get much sleep.

Wake up at the ass crack of dawn and go running which I never do. I had accepted my fate.

Cruise into work acting as a zombie. Detached. Check my last name on the lookup site. ITS THERE!!!!! Along with a number, my full name.

Talk about going from a low to a high in a matter of hours.

What to take from this post...... be careful with the lookup websites, can be tortuos.

I know the exam is getting to me, I got nervous just reading your experience.

I plan to get all 30 questions right and ace the road test portion as well. Between all of my unbound notes and my lucky pencil, I will be fine!

-GT

I plan to get all 30 questions right and ace the road test portion as well. Between all of my unbound notes and my lucky pencil, I will be fine!
-GT
Sounds like your in good shape.

LMAO!

Between all of my unbound notes and my lucky pencil, I will be fine!
-GT
Those snacks better be unobtrusive too! :p
Snacks? What do you think my notes are for? I already have all of my reference material on my laptop so I plan to just consume my notes.

To celebreate, I quit my crappy dead end job and hired on with a local consulting firm. Oh yeah, I also nearly doupled my salary with the Passing of the P.E. exam. :true:

Then I went out and bought a new house.

Back