How did/will you celebrate the pass of PE? Good luck to us all.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I wanted to take tomorrow off, I decided to buckle down and actually work for a day this week, as the Suck really put the hurt on my productivity. Modest celebration tonight as a result. Salt and vinegar hot wings (the best) and a cold glass of water. The beer will have to wait. 

Drinking the best bourbon they had at the bar (bulleit, was hoping for something better but hey it’s a small town bar) and ordered a steak. Plan to go out to dinner tomorrow with my family when I get back to home.

My work colleagues and I are going to go out for a beer after work sometime this week (I found out late Friday on Colorado). What I have done. Changed my LinkedIn display name, started my PE application reimbursement form, posted on Facebook, told my bosses. So I feel like I've done more work than celebrate haha.

So here's how I found out. I've heard people talk about the anticipation of logging into their NCEES account. Mine was different than 99% of people. So all day my colleagues were razzing me because Colorado was one of the last states to release the results and the NCEES results still say results pending. I read here on the forums that Colorado was updating their database and to try to look up your name. I logged into my account and my application status changed from pending examination to active and had a PE number and everything. It was kind interesting because I wasn't expecting to see anything but then I was like well wait does that mean?!?! Anyway so I yelled I passed and everyone cheered and it was a really nice moment.

Update: ended up being slightly different from the planned single-malt, cigar, and steak.

Thursday night I opened a bottle of Japanese single-malt a friend gave me, but I didn't do a cigar or steak; needed to get to bed early.

Friday night I went to the Casa de Montecristo downtown with some friends and had a couple cigars and some boulevardiers.  Then afterwards we got tacos.

I cried in a closet then went to a meeting.

Then basically did nothing all afternoon - couldn't leave since we were also getting our bonus envelopes on Friday (Friday was a good day)

Went to a bar for Boyfriend's coworker's going away - I don't drink, 8 years sober on Saturday.

Went to my company holiday party after that lol

Finally got some sushi on Saturday night - that I paid for since we were also celebrating Boyfriend's 30th birthday

Haven’t fully celebrated yet, but then I think this coming weekend will make up for it. Going to Disneyland to celebrate both passing and Mrs. Jediobiwan and my 10th anniversary. I mean, I was going to Disneyland whether I passed or not, just would have been a stress reliever rather than a celebration trip. So excited for this week in general if my screename isn’t a give away. 

Haven’t fully celebrated yet, but then I think this coming weekend will make up for it. Going to Disneyland to celebrate both passing and Mrs. Jediobiwan and my 10th anniversary. I mean, I was going to Disneyland whether I passed or not, just would have been a stress reliever rather than a celebration trip. So excited for this week in general if my screename isn’t a give away. 
I'm heading to Disneyland in 2 weeks to celebrate!  Booked my trip on Thursday after I found out, haha.  Have an awesome time!!!

I found out last Thursday, and I had spent the entire morning lurking here/refreshing NCEES to no avail (Texas results came out just before 1pm). I had gone to lunch and was pulling through Starbucks for a coffee when my email dinged; I panicked immediately and ordered the wrong thing, then frantically logged in to NCEES on my phone, saw the green! and laughed out loud so bad the other people in the drive thru definitely thought I was psycho. Called my boyfriend (he also took it) and he also passed, continued laughing like a maniac and at this point was also crying/shaking so by the time I got to the window the barista was severely concerned for my well-being. She asked if I was ok and I told her I was great (probably yelled louder than I meant to). Proceeded to rush back to work (calling important people on the way) and shared the news with all my coworkers who were super excited for me, the Executive Director told me to go home and celebrate so I spent the rest of the afternoon at a beach-side bar drinking margaritas in the sun and made my boyfriend meet me there for dinner (he is the responsible one and actually worked the rest of the day), we shared champagne and approximately 6.2 million calories. Frankly, I'm still celebrating and will be for the foreseeable future!

Back