Hobbies?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually would think it would be fun to play softball again!!! I still think I have it (Who doesn't as they grow older?).

Although it would cut into my other hobby some, so maybe I'll just stick with what I have... :beerchug:

I have an 18 month old kid. If I had any free time, I'd be sleeping.
Like MS, I've got a soon to be 2 year old and Mrs. Ble is getting ready to pop with mini-ble2 right now, so my hobbies focus around my family.
I studied for the PE (passed) and I have a 2 year old, so one hour of tv and a little internet, and that's it.
I have an 11-month old, so not much time or money for hobbies...
I'm in the has-an-almost 2year-old-club, so don't have much time for it...
Ever since mini-Kevo came into this world my hobby is napping.....
Not much time to do anything else with the two kids (6 & 4yrs).
Well I certainly see the trend here. Might have to submit this as "exhibit A" to the wife who has been pushing the kids issue. Certainly seems like a lot of "fun". :screwloose:

I have a 3.5 year old. She rides bikes with me (often in the Burley trailer, but still).

Kids are awesome but a total life changing experience. I think it was Bill Cosby that said "Kids make you grow old before they keep you young."

My hobbies include weight lifting, playing baseball with the kids, playing PS3 with the kids and keeping the yard as pretty as I can. Not much in the way of excitement, but its a pretty good life.

Well I certainly see the trend here. Might have to submit this as "exhibit A" to the wife who has been pushing the kids issue. Certainly seems like a lot of "fun". :screwloose:
It actually gets worse the older they get...I keep waiting for when I have more time because the kids are "older." It's pretty fun though...the perfect excuse to go ahead and ride the water coaster, or go fishing, or pass the football, or fill in the hobby...except maybe the drinking one...

I have 3 kids (ages 2,3, and 6) and somehow I try to study and pass exams... I had no problems until the new SE exam. They certainly take up alot of time but its things that I enjoy doing anyway. We go to parks, small hikes, and other family stuff.

When I do have some time I play Guild Wars for the PC, and whatever flavor of the month game for the Wii with my kids (mostly the older one).

I have recently started taking Wing Chun martial arts lessons. I need to take control of my health and the lessons create a good foundation for getting back into shape. I also like the idea of being able to defend myself if I need to.

After all that is done... I drink beer... which is not often. And no I don't get much sleep. I'm more of a napper.

No kids yet, waiting for the future wife to graduate with her FNP. Since passing the PE this year, I have more time to: mtn/road bike, hiking, camping, climbing, and guitar noodling. I also snowboard, tinker (In the process of a step thru yoshi costume w/ semi-animitronics), build and fix stuff home projects and such. Bought a house last year, and have my first garage which I need to finish off w/ ceiling.

I have not had a break from class since Labor Day of last year, and after a few days, it is killing me. My wife is busy with various things, and I'm punchy, but don't have time to start a new lifelong hobby since I start back up again at Labor Day.

But she had a good suggestion. When I was a teenager, my old man and I used to build model rockets and shoot them off over at the school ballfields. I came across a lot of the launch equipment when I cleaned out his stuff after he died. I kept it because it was great fun. So she said why don't you order a kit that will take some time to put together, then when I'm done let's launch it. It was a really good idea I thought. So I'm gonna order one this weekend and start putting it together.

Nice! I shot a few off with Junior, but unfortunately, the nose cone and parachute are still hanging from a tree in Shelby, NC. I'm reluctant to buy another, only because I don't know where to find a field around here big enough to warrant it. The old one was a huge empty corn field about a 45 second walk from my front door.

I have not had a break from class since Labor Day of last year, and after a few days, it is killing me. My wife is busy with various things, and I'm punchy, but don't have time to start a new lifelong hobby since I start back up again at Labor Day.
But she had a good suggestion. When I was a teenager, my old man and I used to build model rockets and shoot them off over at the school ballfields. I came across a lot of the launch equipment when I cleaned out his stuff after he died. I kept it because it was great fun. So she said why don't you order a kit that will take some time to put together, then when I'm done let's launch it. It was a really good idea I thought. So I'm gonna order one this weekend and start putting it together.
I might have one or two that you can have. I used build some woth the kids and now, they are too old/too busy to care anymore.

If I remember I'll look tomorrow.

I have a couple for you VT...There...here you go...

Atlantis...

IMG_9234.jpg

Endeavour...

IMG_7923.jpg

NASA will not them anymore so you can have fun.

I might have one or two that you can have. I used build some woth the kids and now, they are too old/too busy to care anymore.

That'd be sweet, thanks!

Just remember - it's not a model rocket unless it uses an Estes C engine or larger :D

That'd be sweet, thanks!
If you really want to get back into it, I have an old publication put out by the department of defense on how to build your own rocket engines, even how to machine engine nozzels. Scary thing, back in the 60's it was geared towards the kids.

I used to have an Estes rocket with a camera in it, but it got hung up on a pine tree before the film was developed. Then I got two or thee small ones. I guess I was into it maybe six months. Launch pad and two rockets are still down in the basement.

Latest posts

Back