Hobbies?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exception Collection

Civil P.E., Washington
Reaction score
What kinds of hobbies do most of you enjoy?

Personally, I like games. Computer games (MMORPG, strategy, FPS, simulation), console games (RPG, action games, puzzle games), board games (complex/unusual ones, like "Tales of the Arabian Nights" or "Orcs at the Gates"), pencil/paper RPG (D&D), and card games. Sites like this one, books (generally about 50-60 per year - mostly rereads though), movies & TV fill out what little there is of the rest of my downtime.

Home A/V and drag racing occupy most of my free time. Yard work takes up most of the rest, though I really enjoy getting out to the shooting range when I get the chance.

Scuba when I get the time

Boating, wakeboarding, girls fastpitch softball with my daughter and boy scouts with my 2 boys...

also providing this free service to you all!!

Thanks, Road Guy.

My husband and I enjoy home construction/improvement projects. In the past, we did a lot of mission work (disaster relief) and will go back to that when home projects are done. I enjoy reading, too. Got a Kindle a couple of months ago and really like it.

Pen & Pencil, Battletech strategy board game, Settlers of Catan, Axis and Allies, some warhammer, Munchkin, Kobolds and one computer game, Civ 2

Personally, I like games. Computer games (MMORPG, strategy, FPS, simulation), console games (RPG, action games, puzzle games), board games (complex/unusual ones, like "Tales of the Arabian Nights" or "Orcs at the Gates"), pencil/paper RPG (D&D), and card games. Sites like this one, books (generally about 50-60 per year - mostly rereads though), movies & TV fill out what little there is of the rest of my downtime.
Have not seen Tales of the Arabian Nights or Orcs at the Gates. Please tell me you have not gone over to the dark side of D&D 4.

That's a great hobby!! Thanks!

Like MS, I've got a soon to be 2 year old and Mrs. Ble is getting ready to pop with mini-ble2 right now, so my hobbies focus around my family. Pretty much they are just hanging out at the pool with mini-ble, traveling whenever we can, and just spending time with the family.

Not getting blowed up....

Here in a few weeks it's going to be working around the house mostly since we moved in right before I left and haven't had a chance to do much yet.

I have an 18 month old kid. If I had any free time, I'd be sleeping.

Like MS, I've got a soon to be 2 year old and Mrs. Ble is getting ready to pop with mini-ble2 right now, so my hobbies focus around my family. Pretty much they are just hanging out at the pool with mini-ble, traveling whenever we can, and just spending time with the family.
I studied for the PE (passed) and I have a 2 year old, so one hour of tv and a little internet, and that's it. We go to the pool when we can.

I played Dungeons and Dragons Online for a while, then got too busy, and the game got too complex with guilds and crafting, so I haven't played much.

I like to ride bikes, ski, and a forced hobby of house chores. I also really like to cook, and occasionally homebrew.

Have not seen Tales of the Arabian Nights or Orcs at the Gates. Please tell me you have not gone over to the dark side of D&D 4.
Nope. Haven't touched it, aside from looking over a friend's copy. Far too MMORPG-like for my tastes. I don't even have much of a 3.5 collection, and barely more of a 3.0. Most of my stuff is from Second Edition. Of the three, 3.5 is probably my favorite - though in honesty I haven't played D&D in at least 8 months; I just don't have the time to try to write adventures/outlines for an epic series of adventures, coordinate with friends, and have it all fall through at the last minute like it did the last time I tried.

Homebrewing, and then drinking said homebrews.

I have a 2 year old, so my hobbies include playing Thomas, Lightning McQueen, Duplos, and watching Disney and PBS.

When I have enough fun money set aside, I am either getting a new Xbox 360 or a PS3.

Kayaking!!!!!!!!!!

Used to play softball but was thrown out of the team after a surgery. The team members were concerned about me dying on the field one day. Guess I was a distraction.

Back