History in the making...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this one real?

sarahpalinvogue1-4bosylrfo.jpeg

^^^can't be real, the skin on the head doesn't match that of the body...if it is real it doesn't do her any favors.

Am I the only one that thought it looked like McCain was checking out her chest while she was talking today on what they broadcast on CNN???

Some more info about Palin:

This interview, with Alaska Business Monthly in 2007. Now, this was at the time that "the surge" was about to begin, and her son enlisted in the military. You would think that as Commander in Chief of her state's National Guard forces, and especially also as a military mother, she would be "up to speed" in following events in Iraq, no?

"Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq."

-----------------------------------------

A reader has found some evidence that she has thought about foreign policy at some point in her 44 years. Drum roll, please:

Alaska Business Monthly: We've lost a lot of Alaska's military members to the war in Iraq. How do you feel about sending more troops into battle, as President Bush is suggesting?

Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe. Every life lost is such a tragedy. I am very, very proud of the troops we have in Alaska, those fighting overseas for our freedoms, and the families here who are making so many sacrifices.

She heard about the surge, McCain's campaign centerpiece, on the news. I wonder- Does she still favor an exit plan?

Some more info about Palin:
This interview, with Alaska Business Monthly in 2007. Now, this was at the time that "the surge" was about to begin, and her son enlisted in the military. You would think that as Commander in Chief of her state's National Guard forces, and especially also as a military mother, she would be "up to speed" in following events in Iraq, no?

"Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq."

-----------------------------------------

A reader has found some evidence that she has thought about foreign policy at some point in her 44 years. Drum roll, please:

Alaska Business Monthly: We've lost a lot of Alaska's military members to the war in Iraq. How do you feel about sending more troops into battle, as President Bush is suggesting?

Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe. Every life lost is such a tragedy. I am very, very proud of the troops we have in Alaska, those fighting overseas for our freedoms, and the families here who are making so many sacrifices.

She heard about the surge, McCain's campaign centerpiece, on the news. I wonder- Does she still favor an exit plan?
I don't exactly know who it is that doesn't favor an exit plan.

I don't know what her exit plan would be, but I believe McCain's exit plan was to listen to the Generals over there, and to leave when we thought the Iraq government, Army, police, etc could handle things. I'm not sure if that's feasible or realistic, but that's an exit plan. To me, this gotcha stuff is pointless on both sides. Let the people debate and spell out their positions. That's why it would have been nice to have the 10 open debates that a certain candidate suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder- Does she still favor an exit plan?
I doubt anyone out there DOESN'T favor an exit plan. My brother's on active duty, supports the war in Iraq and is actively trying to get over to the Gulf for a year, and even he is in favor of an exit of coalition forces at an appropriate time.

Both sides, if you will, have exit strategies. They differ in execution, but the goal is still to get the hell out of there.

A lot...but mostly it's talking about corrupt politicians.
*cough*Ted Stevens*cough*
good point.

and she made her name by fighting corruption there.

unlike obama, who got a free house from the biggest crook in chicago, and who's wife has a 400k no-show job.

Last edited by a moderator:
good point.
and she made her name by fighting corruption there.

unlike obama, who got a free house from the biggest crook in chicago, and who's wife has a 400k no-show job.
She may not be a little angel she is trying to be. She is under investigation by the states prosecutors office in Alaska for having a hand in the firing of a soon-to-be (or already) ex BIL.

I missed it, being at work and all, but my wife said she gave a fantastic speech.

17 year old pregnant daughter? heck for most of Obama's base, not getting knocked up until your 17 would make them the pride and joy of the neighborhood.

17 year old pregnant daughter? heck for most of Obama's base, not getting knocked up until your 17 would make them the pride and joy of the neighborhood.
Yes, but as she is the running mate of McCain and not Obama so unless they are trying to sway votes from Obama (you know the under 18 single pregnant girl demographic - who can't vote anyway) then I don't think a pregnant 17 year old daughter is going to help her cause.

I think the pregnant daughter is pretty much a non-issue. Even Obama basically said it shouldn't be an issue.

Back