History in the making...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXengrChickPE

Here we go Steelers, here we go!
Reaction score
Well, come November the American public is going to elect either our first black president... or our first female vice president.

Frankly, I'm impressed with McCain's pick. Sure, people are going to say that he only picked her because she's female. If that were the case, there are several more experienced women who would have been in the running. Personally, I want to believe that he truly chose her because of her views. And, if she happens to bring in the "female vote" (AKA the idiots who will vote for ANY woman, simply because she's a woman), that's just icing on the cake!

Well, come November the American public is going to elect either our first black president... or our first female vice president.
Frankly, I'm impressed with McCain's pick. Sure, people are going to say that he only picked her because she's female. If that were the case, there are several more experienced women who would have been in the running. Personally, I want to believe that he truly chose her because of her views. And, if she happens to bring in the "female vote" (AKA the idiots who will vote for ANY woman, simply because she's a woman), that's just icing on the cake!

Agree somewhat. It will be nice, however, I speculate she was picked to promote drilling in ANWR. They way I look at it.

If you are going to vote for someone old, vote for Nader (he is older than McCain) and will bring about real change (or fail trying and then we will have no change)

The fact that it's a female had to play a big part, as he is actively courting the Hillary vote.

One thing I don't understand is when they were talking about Lieberman as a potential VP. They said McCain would alienate a lot of hardline conservatives by picking Lieberman, but what are they going to do, vote for Obama? I be a lot more focused on the liberal votes that Lieberman could have brought in rather then how many grumpy old men I pissed offed.

Of course that's why I am not a politician

Agree somewhat. It will be nice, however, I speculate she was picked to promote drilling in ANWR. They way I look at it.
If you are going to vote for someone old, vote for Nader (he is older than McCain) and will bring about real change (or fail trying and then we will have no change)

I think McCain is against drilling in Alaska.

I had her as one of my three picks in the office pool. (We put on a pool for everything! ) I think she compliments McCain well, and will make the hard-line party members happy.

Freon

The fact that it's a female had to play a big part, as he is actively courting the Hillary vote.
Of course it did! But there are other women that he could have chosen who are more "traditional" politicians.

I think McCain is against drilling in Alaska.
Yes, but a lot of Americans are for it.

But how many of those hillary followers value pro-choice more than just being female, I would venture quite a few. That Alaska lady is hard core anti-abortion, pro-life.

I honestly cant see where it will help (except for the disgruntled Hillary people) I think most people have never heard of her, how often is Alaska in the news?

I dont think they have ever even mentioned her on the eb.com official show, Deadliest Catch?

I dont think they have ever even mentioned her on the eb.com official show, Deadliest Catch?

She began her professional career as a television sports reporter, but after she married she helped run her husband’s family’s commercial fishing business. Other professional endeavors included the ownership of a snow machine, watercraft and all-terrain-vehicle business.
she has my vote.

I honestly cant see where it will help (except for the disgruntled Hillary people) I think most people have never heard of her, how often is Alaska in the news?
I heard of her. She was mentioned along with Bobby Jindal as a new exciting governor.

I think people vote for the president, not so much the VP. As long as she doesn't totally blow her debate. They say Biden is a tough debater. Although he puts his foot in his mouth a lot. I remember when he said he wanted to punch Clinton in the nose over Monica, and that Barack was "clean and articulate." Or some weird thing like that.

I also don't think she will draw many Hillary supporters. Most of them would probably like McCain better than her.

But she does do a couple things -

1. She takes all the conversation off Obama's speech last night. All people are blabbing about is the Palin choice.

2. People like governors. They can say she will be in charge of some sort of task force on energy because she is an executive and from an oil state.

3. She makes conservative very happy. She doesn't screw anything up. I think if McCain is going to get independents he will get them on his own. He is much more likely to lose his base with a VP picks.

I had her as one of my three picks in the office pool. (We put on a pool for everything! ) I think she compliments McCain well, and will make the hard-line party members happy.
Freon
Yup, she's been on my radar since early this year (before her baby was born). There was speculation as early as March that she was a potential VP pick, albeit a bit of a long shot.

Having looked into her politics and personal life, I like what I see. She complements McCain and doesn't have any more potential liabilities than Obama. She may appeal more to middle class, moderate working families.

My brother has several friends at his unit who are from Alaska - they universally love Palin as governor. He bet on her as VP pick about a month ago, and now I owe him $5 because I was convinced it'd be Lieberman (who is one of my Senators).

I heard of her. She was mentioned along with Bobby Jindal as a new exciting governor.I think people vote for the president, not so much the VP. As long as she doesn't totally blow her debate. They say Biden is a tough debater. Although he puts his foot in his mouth a lot. I remember when he said he wanted to punch Clinton in the nose over Monica, and that Barack was "clean and articulate." Or some weird thing like that.

I also don't think she will draw many Hillary supporters. Most of them would probably like McCain better than her.

But she does do a couple things -

1. She takes all the conversation off Obama's speech last night. All people are blabbing about is the Palin choice.

2. People like governors. They can say she will be in charge of some sort of task force on energy because she is an executive and from an oil state.

3. She makes conservative very happy. She doesn't screw anything up. I think if McCain is going to get independents he will get them on his own. He is much more likely to lose his base with a VP picks.
you forgot to mention that she's hawt.

So now that I have actually read some about her, not a bad choice for McCain. Going after the discruntled Hillary vote is a good move and will probably work. No matter what, there will be change in our gov't leadership :)

Though I still think if you want an old person in office, you should vote for Nader (I will not this year)

The tagline is: "Coldest State, Hottest Governor!"

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a hottie :wub: - reminds me of a certain hottie who totally made Sam Kinison's Wild Thing video watchable; Jessica Hahn:

Governor................. Wild Thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Back