Happy F'in New Year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn! not surprised, it seemed fairly probable unfortunately :shakehead: . Guess you won't miss living there!

Can they get prints off the grill brush?
I didn't even call 911 this time. Just called the police station and had them beef up patrols in my neighborhood. I plan on calling my case detective this morning and letting him know what happened. My realtor offered to stake out my house and taze the guys if they tried to break in again.

Can they get prints off the grill brush?
I didn't even call 911 this time. Just called the police station and had them beef up patrols in my neighborhood. I plan on calling my case detective this morning and letting him know what happened. My realtor offered to stake out my house and taze the guys if they tried to break in again.

Why don't you just stake the place out yourself? You have two firearms right? Park your car elsewhere then have your mom drop you and your dad off at the house with loaded guns a waiting. Then just wait. Sounds like your little burglars are watching the place pretty closely and they'll invade at the first sign someone isn't home.

Why don't you just stake the place out yourself? You have two firearms right? Park your car elsewhere then have your mom drop you and your dad off at the house with loaded guns a waiting. Then just wait. Sounds like your little burglars are watching the place pretty closely and they'll invade at the first sign someone isn't home.
The problem is that they are watching the comings and goings from my house, so if somebody were to drop me off, they'd know I was there. I thought about bringing my mom over, then having her leave in my car.

I have far more than 2 guns, but at this point, beating these guys to death with my bare hands sounds much more satisfying.

My dad had a conversation with a local cop on this issue after his car was broken into. "In the case of protecting property, you can't legally kill them. However, you can subdue them, and subdue them, and subdue them....."

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad had a conversation with a local cop on this issue after his car was broken into. "In the case of protecting property, you can't legally kill them. However, you can subdue them, and subdue them, and subdue them....."
That is unless you feel threatened to the point that it becomes "kill or be killed." Besides if the perp is dead, who is going to contradict your side of the story?

^I think it comes down to which side of the threshold he's on and the angle of entry. Make sure he's facing you and do your best to drop him inside the house.

Or just shoot him through the door and make up some story about cleaning your gun and experiencing an accidental discharge. *insert sexual innuendo here*

But with as much as you clean your gun, there's no reason to believe it's not going to eventually go off, therefore it's not really an "accident"

Back