Got Ink?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fess up, are you sporting some skin art?

• yup

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • nope

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • rather not say

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Do you think in the Asian countries they have tattoos of English letters on their arm?
But yes. Idk how I know this, but Jungkook from BTS has english. He has "army" on his fingers, and "rather be dead than cool" on his arm.

Don't judge me.

nickelback_tattoo.jpg

Sorry guys I’m not a fan.  Can’t see paying money and going through pain to permanently mark one’s skin.  As long as you like it, then power to you.  Not for me.

but if you want to show off...I’ll look.
Mine was gotten during college days or right after.  Not terrible, but not anything I'm super attached to.  When the wife got her last one I had the guy look at it to see how hard it would be to cover up.  Fortunately he said it shouldn't be too hard, but now I just need to figure out what cause I'm one of those guys who wants to get something that has some meaning, not just get one for the sake of getting one.

Thought about doing a variation of this, but instead of the Celtic knot, doing our tartan (for those who don't know, specific plaid pattern tied to your family lineage) so it kind of looks like the fly plaid (the "cape looking piece of cloth" that goes over the left shoulder of the wearer).

3D-Celtic-Scottish-Armor-Tattoo-On-Upper-Shoulder.jpg

Mine was gotten during college days or right after.  Not terrible, but not anything I'm super attached to.  When the wife got her last one I had the guy look at it to see how hard it would be to cover up.  Fortunately he said it shouldn't be too hard, but now I just need to figure out what cause I'm one of those guys who wants to get something that has some meaning, not just get one for the sake of getting one.
You could get something that is just a good piece of art. Every time someone asks you what it means, you could just give a very in-depth, but different answer.

But you'll know the tattoo without a meaning means you don't have to conform to society's ideas that tattoos need meanings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like a half sleeve (upper arm/shoulder area). Idk of what though.  And I don't want to hate it in 10 years.  
I've toyed around with a half leg? Pant leg? But idk that I'm that dedicated financially to it. I have many ideas tho! 

I've toyed around with a half leg? Pant leg? But idk that I'm that dedicated financially to it. I have many ideas tho! 
YOU CAN SEE MAH LEGGY-LEGS AND DECIDE IF YOU WANT A LEGGING (I have no idea if that is what my tattoos are called, but that is what I call them).

Found it here. Does it look the same?
Ding ding, that's the one!  Nothing has changed on it, besides it being healed.  Got it done around Christmas and I've been wanting to get something else done, but I also want to wait.  Might get some more done Memorial Day weekend if my friend is available.  Was thinking of getting my ears pierced again tonight, if I could.

daughter got tired of me procrastinating and threw away the drawing she did for me [emoji20] now she is re drawing it but all her work is a little fancier than I care for, trying to get her back to the basics!   But I did find a place to get it done, just need to make time and get the drawing finalized...

So what she originally drew was just an overhead view of the crustacean - but this is what She wants me to choose from, I like these but they dont seem very "manly"?

What say ye?

dadc975d252d81cea5d1ddeeb0a81b2c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They both look neat/very nice, but there is a little too much detail for such a small size, plus it would prob heal like shit on a foot with that much detail/thin skin.  If I was going to pick one, it'd be the black and white, but I'd prob size-up to maybe 5" minimum and have it facing 'inward' to my body (does that even make sense?).

I think a overhead view of a crab would be nice if you were set on having it done on your foot.

Latest posts

Back