GEORGIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucktown PE

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the Georgia results? I know that for the April 20 exam, GA licenses were issued on June 19. Using the +60 day formula, licenses would be issued on Christmas Day (that obviously isn't happening). It sounds like results were mailed a few days earlier for this exam. I called NCEES and they were no help. Any info would be greatly appreciated. My productivity is suffering badly here in Atlanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
this time last year they came the week before christmas.

it looks like the new ga site is having some problems (license verification) so I imagine that will cause my fellow GA people some grief if they do not get it fixed.

your best bet is to email the GA Board, they will usually send some sort fo reply

They were between Christmas and New Years last year. I will always remember RG's e-mail to me noting that they had been posted...life seemed to pause for the next 5 hours.

well I didnt get the actual letter until after xmas, but the website was updated before christmas, the Thursday before Christmas to be exact!

the lady at the ga board told me that after they receive the results:

1. Post passing names on website

2. Send out Dear John failing letters

3. Send out the passing letters (they do this last cause they have to print those little blue cards)

They were between Christmas and New Years last year. I will always remember RG's e-mail to me noting that they had been posted...life seemed to pause for the next 5 hours.
That confirms what I had suspected all along. I'll just get used to the idea that I'll have to wait a while before I hear anything.

At least that means I'm still somewhat productive at work. I just won't get anything done between Christmas and new years, but honestly who really works then anyway?

I sent the board an email but got a f*% out of office reply.
It is a little known fact, but if you e-mail the board, they put you on the failing list.

I went back through my e-mail logs and the results were posted on 12/28. A-F or something was before 2:00 and the remainder after about 4. My results (last name with a T) were posted around 4:30 I think.

It is a little known fact, but if you e-mail the board, they put you on the failing list.
I went back through my e-mail logs and the results were posted on 12/28. A-F or something was before 2:00 and the remainder after about 4. My results (last name with a T) were posted around 4:30 I think.
Why the discrepancy between you and Road Guy?

okay I stand corrected, i checked my emails and GTScott is right! I guess it was after christmas (I AM SORRY GUYS/GALS)

I remember I was out of town at my in-laws after christmas, but we had something planned for new years so I guess I got that confused with christmas.......

I dont know how in the hell I got through christmas last year not knowing!

I just won't get anything done between Christmas and new years, but honestly who really works then anyway?
I will be ... and I am a !@#$%^&* govt employee at that!! Doh !!
1.gif

Because I am AWESOME.
GTScott Norris ?? I think there is something to that ...
5.gif

JR

A government employee working? Hahaha. that is funnier than that AutoCad Monkey joke that I just forwarded to my entire contact list.

Ah yes, how I remember the agony of The Wait. In Georgia, the closer you get to seeing your name posted (or NOT posted!), the worse it is.

Between Xmas & NYears, I saw a notice on EB in the morning saying Georgia results are on the website through C. So I go on, and sure enough the D's got entered by then.

- Hit refresh.

- Hit refresh.

- Hit refresh.

An hour passes. Now the Es and Fs are on.

- Refresh.

- Refresh.

- Refresh. Now G, H, I. Then nothing happened for a long time. I looked at the clock and realized it was lunch time. Oh the agony. Talk about wasting a day!

- Then it's afternoon and JKLM goes up. I'm an S.

So in true engineer fashion, I start trying to calculate the rate of posting versus hours left in the business day, knowing that 5:00 was coming and if they were precision government workers, if I wasn't on by 5, it was going to be another day.

Then come the S's.

- SA

- SC

- SE

Then the Smith's. Stupid Smith's, there's a lot of them. It's getting close to 5PM

Then finally, The Joy!

:multiplespotting:

So watching the website is the best way in GA I think, or avoid the whole stupid mess and just wait till January to get the letter. Nah, who am I kidding.

For those who are going to be looking soon, does anyone remember just how to see the results updated in real time as they come in on the website? I think I remember having to do a search on the PE number, followed by a sort (?) to get them in order. Is that right, or is there an easier way?

One way is to go to the SOS page, under "License Verification", "Search on Professional Licensee" and use License Number: PE032*, then sort by PE number. That nets all PEs with those first 3 digits (the most recent), I think from any state. Once Ga results start coming in, they assign the numbers alphabetically, so the newest number will be the latest winner.

Don't get too excited - tradition says it may be a while. Just setting you up.

For those who are going to be looking soon, does anyone remember just how to see the results updated in real time as they come in on the website? I think I remember having to do a search on the PE number, followed by a sort (?) to get them in order. Is that right, or is there an easier way?
One way is to go to the SOS page, under "License Verification", "Search on Professional Licensee" and use License Number: PE032*, then sort by PE number. That nets all PEs with those first 3 digits (the most recent), I think from any state. Once Ga results start coming in, they assign the numbers alphabetically, so the newest number will be the latest winner.

Don't get too excited - tradition says it may be a while. Just setting you up.
I hope the list isnt finalized yet. It has some results from Kentucky, but only about 5 or so. I hope more than 5 people passed in October. There was over 200 people taking the exam!

Back