Georgia Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBHeadge PE

Nucflash
Reaction score
I figure a sizable chunk of people waiting in Georgia are fellow Tech alum so I feel compelled to help as best I can. Use this thread to discuss anything you heard, or ask questions about the process. I hope the results come out today because waiting over the weekend is an awful experience.

I figure a sizable chunk of people waiting in Georgia are fellow Tech alum so I feel compelled to help as best I can. Use this thread to discuss anything you heard, or ask questions about the process. I hope the results come out today because waiting over the weekend is an awful experience.
Has the Georgia Board issued license numbers for those who passed this October. My application still says pending in status.

Has the Georgia Board issued license numbers for those who passed this October. My application still says pending in status.
I have been checking every day at close of business and still no updates for me. Shows my permit status as "Pending" and the only item not completed on the checklist shows "Exam Score - Passing Grade" as "Unchecked". I figure based on what I have read here and other places that it may take some time. If I don't see any updates by COB Monday I will reach out to the SOS for an update. I feel like giving them a week is reasonable.

Anyone have an update on registration in GA? I’ve been checking back daily and it’s still pending.

Still pending. I haven't heard of anyone getting their numbers issued yet. I'm not sure if that is a relief that I am not alone, or concerning like they are having issues processing everything.

I called them last week and they said that they usually post license information 6 to 8 weeks after the exam.

Thanks for doing the leg work. We just got our SE scores back last Wednesday, so maybe they were waiting for those scores to release before they processed all of the new PE's. I passed the SE, and I'm also still pending and waiting.

Thanks for doing the leg work. We just got our SE scores back last Wednesday, so maybe they were waiting for those scores to release before they processed all of the new PE's. I passed the SE, and I'm also still pending and waiting.

The Georgia Board can take a while sometimes, especially since the start of the pandemic. Rest assured, you'll obtain your license eventually. You should have seen how long it took them to process all 1000+ affadavits for grandfathering when they introduced SE licensure earlier this year.

Also, congratulations on your achievement!

Update: Called SOS this morning, they need 15 to 20 days after receiving results to update the license. Smh more waiting.
Update: Finally got the license update on SOS website. I want to believe that my multiple calls and a submitted ticket did it. One can dream.

Update: Finally got the license update on SOS website. I want to believe that my multiple calls and a submitted ticket did it. One can dream.
I'll let you know if the sit quietly and wait method works when/if my application is updated.

Update: Finally got my PE number issued! It took calling in to create a ticket, had my license issued in 24 hours. Vandyeng, I'd recommend calling GA SOS and asking for an update on your application status.

They only issued me a PE though. You have to reapply for the SE and pay the fee to get issued a SE number. Kind of frustrating, but not the biggest deal.

Update: Finally got my PE number issued! It took calling in to create a ticket, had my license issued in 24 hours. Vandyeng, I'd recommend calling GA SOS and asking for an update on your application status.

They only issued me a PE though. You have to reapply for the SE and pay the fee to get issued a SE number. Kind of frustrating, but not the biggest deal.
I have called twice and have gotten "we can't do anything. Your records say we don't have your results yet" response from the person answering the phone. Did you call the PLB specifically? Did you ask anything specific to get them to issue you a ticket? I'm about to call back and ask to talk to a supervisor.

I have called twice and have gotten "we can't do anything. Your records say we don't have your results yet" response from the person answering the phone. Did you call the PLB specifically? Did you ask anything specific to get them to issue you a ticket? I'm about to call back and ask to talk to a supervisor.
What worked for me was calling the number on the bottom of the SOS website. It leads to an automated operator that you follow the commands to licensing and then further gives you the options for basically "nursing license" or "any other license". After selecting "other license" I was then directed to an actual person. I noted that all my application paperwork was submitted last May before sitting for the Exam and received notification of my passing exam score from NCEES on Dec 6 and noted that I could forward that for records if they needed it. I then noted that the only outstanding task on my application status was the review of passing exam scores. I asked if there was anything that I needed to do on my end and the representative then just said that they need to work on their end and that she would open a ticket. Within 24 hours I saw that my license number was issued on the SOS website.

What worked for me was calling the number on the bottom of the SOS website. It leads to an automated operator that you follow the commands to licensing and then further gives you the options for basically "nursing license" or "any other license". After selecting "other license" I was then directed to an actual person. I noted that all my application paperwork was submitted last May before sitting for the Exam and received notification of my passing exam score from NCEES on Dec 6 and noted that I could forward that for records if they needed it. I then noted that the only outstanding task on my application status was the review of passing exam scores. I asked if there was anything that I needed to do on my end and the representative then just said that they need to work on their end and that she would open a ticket. Within 24 hours I saw that my license number was issued on the SOS website.
What's frustrating/confusing to me is that my checklist has a complete date for exams scores as June 3rd. And the application status tool just says pending. Everything on the checklist says complete or N/A. I am calling the same number. When they call me back I will ask to open a ticket specifically.

This is exactly my experience. You need the person you get a hold of to open a ticket for you. The ticket is sent to the board for review. about 24 hours later I had my PE number.

This is exactly my experience. You need the person you get a hold of to open a ticket for you. The ticket is sent to the board for review. about 24 hours later I had my PE number.
The representative I spoke to this time was willing to open a ticket. Thanks for all the advice. Who knew the hardest part of the whole process was getting the SOS office to process documents.

Question to all those who took the CBT format PE exam in GA:

After you received notification from NCEES about passing PE the exam, how long did you wait for the Georgia Secretary of State to finally assign you a PE #? Reading through this thread, some said 6 to 8 weeks while others said 15 to 20 days. As for me, I just found out today that i passed my Mechanical - HVAC/Refrigeration exam that i took 5 days ago!!! But on the State's website, my license status still shows as "pending". I know this is super early but how long should i wait before i call them and bug them about it?

Back