Georgia Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it common for them not add them all at once?
It took 6 days in October.  I'm not sure we have any other examples.  Based on the thinking that about 300 or so took the test in Macon and a 50% pass rate across all disciplines, you can assume more names need to be added.  I sure hope so.

Congrats!!! @chaserB

its usually around 180-200 names. The six days i think had more to do with the board meeting date than how long it took to add the names because it was noted they were partially available on day one. Last night they added around 50 in two hours, so here is to hoping they start first thing at 8am.

It took 6 days in October.  I'm not sure we have any other examples. 
Most states input their new PEs in batches or individually. The exceptions are the low population states which may only have ~20 names to enter, or those with regimented requirements and a pre-queued licensing system.

Well my buddy checked the SOS website this morning and told me I have a license number now!!  Still no NCEES email, but I guess if I have a license number it is legit!! 

double check he didnt search your name and find your EIT license. If it is your PE Congrats. I am still waiting patiently... 

Well my buddy checked the SOS website this morning and told me I have a license number now!!  Still no NCEES email, but I guess if I have a license number it is legit!! 
if you search your name, your EIT license's status should be "superceded"

I IMMEDIATELY double checked lol.  My EIT is superceded and I have a PE license number.  Hoping my friends pass as well!!

That is a huge weight lifted that I didn't even expect to come today. 

I IMMEDIATELY double checked lol.  My EIT is superceded and I have a PE license number.  Hoping my friends pass as well!!

That is a huge weight lifted that I didn't even expect to come today. 
Congrats! Now it is my turn hopefully. Felt good about the test. I previously attempted the SE but after one attempt with that beast i had the board switch me to civil-structural. 

Based on the time it was reported that sos added names last night(9ish EST) I find it strange a Ga state board employee was there after hours updating names.  I wonder if the website is managed by a west cost company?  Grasping at straws here. Just looked and no new names have been added this am as of 10:15 EST.

I unfortunately can not check my EIT status because it was originated in AL. 

Based on the time it was reported that sos added names last night(9ish EST) I find it strange a Ga state board employee was there after hours updating names.  I wonder if the website is managed by a west cost company?  Grasping at straws here. Just looked and no new names have been added this am as of 10:15 EST.

I unfortunately can not check my EIT status because it was originated in AL. 
You and me both on pins today. I was watching "real time" last night and 044639 was last added around 7pm. Was looking through some once assigned last December and it appears they also came in batches like mentioned by RB, they dont have a time stamp, but some came in on the 5th, a little more on the 6th, and more on the 7th. Speculation at best at this point. 

As a B last name i am grateful that it does not appear to be added in alphabetical order. haha

As a B last name i am grateful that it does not appear to be added in alphabetical order. haha
Ha....I agree. However I did recognize a couple of names already posted....so if they are adding them by discipline then that does not fare well for me.. 

Or it's inputted by contractors; 

Or if inputed by state employees: they got OT, or comp time, or they have a maxiflex schedule or something akin to that;

Or there is a processing time delay in the system between input and becoming public;

There's lots of easily plausible explanations here. No need to grasp at straws or worry.

You and me both on pins today. I was watching "real time" last night and 044639 was last added around 7pm. Was looking through some once assigned last December and it appears they also came in batches like mentioned by RB, they dont have a time stamp, but some came in on the 5th, a little more on the 6th, and more on the 7th. Speculation at best at this point. 
emphasis mine.

Don't panic. If you see your name, then you passed - go celebrate. But the opposite is not necessarily true. IIRC in December people didn't see their name on SoS, but still got the pass later when NCEES released.

My friend passed as well, he was in the latest batch of licenses.  It is clearly not alphabetical or discipline ordered.  The only other thing I have to go off is that my seat number was lower than his on test day, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Good luck to everyone else. 

My friend passed as well, he was in the latest batch of licenses.  It is clearly not alphabetical or discipline ordered.  The only other thing I have to go off is that my seat number was lower than his on test day, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Good luck to everyone else. 
^Honestly, if (and its a big if) there is any method to their madness, this would be it. Both NCEES and the state use the seat number in their records for tracking purposes.

Back