Georgia Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who failed last April.  He was notified the same day the board had a meeting, looking back at October 2018, the results were released the same day that board meeting took place.  I followed that trend back to 2015, but it seems it's only been a trend in recent cycles.  April 2018 released at 3:30ish, October 2018 released at 2:30ish. 

That feels like a coincidence. Georgia was partial releasing via licence lookup in December before the official release.

That feels like a coincidence. Georgia was partial releasing via licence lookup in December before the official release.
It could very well be, but I sure hope it holds true, that would put release sometime this afternoon... Instead of 6 days late as it was in October. 

Usually in Georgia they release one at a time as they updated it on the website. They haven't done anything yet. They are on the verge of becoming the laughing stock of engineering and being the last one to post. PA has even posted!

If you review the recorded minutes for the board meetings you can see that they review each PE and list every number for that meeting.

in the past, the years that GA has been a day one release they had the meeting before the release date. The other times including the 6 day lag the meeting happened the day of the release. Very likely the results will come out this afternoon from NCEES. Most meetings in the past have ended at 12 or 1.

If you review the recorded minutes for the board meetings you can see that they review each PE and list every number for that meeting.

in the past, the years that GA has been a day one release they had the meeting before the release date. The other times including the 6 day lag the meeting happened the day of the release. Very likely the results will come out this afternoon from NCEES. Most meetings in the past have ended at 12 or 1.
So what do you think the reason was behind the 6 day lag? 

I think since they were running behind with the scheduled meeting and they allowed the sos to update their licenses but give NCEES permission to share until after the meeting. That is the theory at least, i just find it high coincidence that every time GA did not release on day one the board meeting lines ups the exact day the results were released. Luckily for us that meetings should have just ended.

So what do you think the reason was behind the 6 day lag? 
For October ‘18 results, the SOS site was completely shut down for 4 days for maintenance, or something like that. So I believe that was the issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For October ‘18 results, the SOS site was completely shut down for 4 days for maintenance, or something like that. So I believe that was the issue. 
Well that would make you feel better about the possibility of a this afternoon release.

Based on the post in April 2019 map board from the individual that stated the FL board had released results to NCEES it looks like it only takes NCEES about an hour to release once approved.  Based on that logic it only confirms that the board is holding the approval at this point.

I am trying to be optimistic, looking through the forums on may 25th last years release, the board meeting was finished at 10:30 and results came out at 3:30. so it could be a longer stretch but still hoping for today

My NCEES just changed formats and added the line Format: paper.  Does anyone know if that is an indicator?

Back