Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohh, the kid who worked for him in the kitchen. That makes sense
Yeah.  I missed it at first, because I thought he said "he isn't eating", i.e. Jamie, not "she isn't eating".  Also made more sense in the "her guards are watching me" and "greater the risk, greater the reward" comments in that context.  

I got that they were talking about Dany, but didn't understand that he was trying to take things into his hands so strongly. It's one thing to attempt to spread the word, another to attempt to kill. I honestly thought he was just concerned for her health, even after he had switched his alliances to Jon Snow. Where else in the episode did it allude or reference him trying to poison her?

Was anything mentioned about it right before his death? That's the next (and last) place Varys is seen, right?

"We'll try again at supper", coupled with the nervousness of the child about the guards watching, and "the greater the risk."  I don't think making sure Dany wasn't hungry was a "great risk."

It would have seemed ill timed, if Dragon no fly and burn without Dany?  Not sure they even get in the gates without Drogon.

Another conspiracy theory is that Varys poisoned her to be crazy and burn everyone so that she wouldn't get the throne (long)

Also
c3f0d083bdccdd157c7ed127f47038a1.jpg

"We'll try again at supper", coupled with the nervousness of the child about the guards watching, and "the greater the risk."  I don't think making sure Dany wasn't hungry was a "great risk."
I need to rewatch the scene, but why did he take off his ring before the guards came? Did he put the ring into the same pot with the burning note? Could it have been one of those poison smuggling rings?

Another conspiracy theory is that Varys poisoned her to be crazy and burn everyone so that she wouldn't get the throne (long)
That would be a self fulfilling prophecy. He poisoned her to be crazy and burn everything so she wouldn't get the throne, in an effort to prevent her from burning everything?

I don't think Varys poisoned her to go crazy because she did not eat anything.

I still think in the end John will go North (aka Frodo) as Tormund foreshadowed and be reunited with Ghost.  Arya will go west (Off the maps) as she foreshadowed when she was with head of the acting troupe.  What happens in between is anybody's guess.

1. Dany tries to burn Tyrion via Drogon and he either dies or is unburnt because he is a Targaryen.
  2. John plunges his sword into either Dany or Drogon.
  3. Arya kills Dany (Green eyes)
  4. Sansa becomes Queen as foretold by Maggie the Frog (Cersei will be replaced by a younger more beautiful queen) and marries Gendry or Tyrion (Is she still actually married to him?
  5. Dany reveals she is pregnant (Foreshadowed by John in the Dragon Pit and by Jorah to John when they were going North "Give LongClaw to your children") and they go North as banishment.
  6. They give Bron King's Landing as his reward.
  7. Does Yara make an appearance or is she done?
  8. Does Dany try to kill Sansa and Brienne dies protecting her?
  9. Is Bron's role done? Does he live out his days in front of the Weirwood tree in Winterfell?
  10. Since John is dead and was revived, what does that really mean if Dany is pregnant.  What kind of child would that be?
  11. I am not sure why Nymeria was ever brought back in S7 if she had no further role except to reiterate that Arya won't settle down (That is not you). 
  12. What happened to the Baby White Walkers?  Did they explode when the Night King exploded. 
  13. What were those Night King and White Walker Symbols and what did they stand for?  Was that ever explained? 
  14. What happened to Edmure Tulley and his wife/kid and the Tully Army? 

I could go on, but there are lots of loose ends that I doubt get closed.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to rewatch the scene, but why did he take off his ring before the guards came? Did he put the ring into the same pot with the burning note? Could it have been one of those poison smuggling rings?
It's possible, but I interpreted it as the show making a gesture that he knew he was about to die, and was just not wanting to "waste" his nice possessions so to speak.  It very well could have had the poison like Sansa's necklace did, though.

I've honestly got no idea how things will play out at this point.

Dany has absolutely zero friends left in Westeros besides Grey Worm and Drogon because she went full Mad Queen. Hard to keep loyal subjects when you torch everything. Perhaps she is just happy knowing she absolutely torched the 7 kingdoms and decides to run back to Mereen to be with the only person left who loves her (Daario). Leave the ash pile behind her and let the (very) few houses argue over the scraps.  I honestly see her going back to Dragonstone at a minimum.

Jon Snow has always been loyal to a fault (like Ned Stark), and I do not see him breaking rank to kill Dany. He may no longer recognize her as the queen, but he won't do anything drastic.

Arya is a coin flip. She either says FTS and rides into the sunset or she goes after Dany.

Some characters with unknown endings: 

Jaqen H'ghar - does he come in to shut down Arya, help her, or even show up again at all?

Edmure Tully - Was last seen being used to reclaim Riverrun for the Lannisters and supposedly being shipped back to prison in the Twins

Ellaria Sand - Last seen in the dungeons of the Red Keep. Cersi poisoned her daughter, but what happened to her? Assumed killed in the cells?

Yara Greyjoy - Last seen sailing back to the Iron Islands. Does she really have anything left to do?

Brienne & Podrick - Do they stay in Winterfell as Sansa's guard? probably

Gendry - Does he go to Storm's End and be content? Does he find Arya and convince the post-nuclear version of her to settle down?

Bronn - Only one Lannister left to pay him, don't really see him with any choice but to either ride into the sunset or rage kill Tyrion.

Sam & Guilly - Staying in Winterfell/north? Don't really see anything for for them.

Tormund - Same as Sam. Ride off to the north and never be seen again. Brings Ghost with him.

Daario Nahharis was last left in charge in Mereen. Does he come back at all?

Davos Seaworth - Follow Jon (probably) or stay with Dany? Or simply disappear back to Essos/Braavos to live out his retirement years...

Robin Arryn - Left behind in the Eyrie. Do we really care?

And we have no idea what the Iron Bank will do now that the Lannister loan to buy the Golden Company won't get paid...

What were those Night King and White Walker Symbols and what did they stand for?  Was that ever explained? 
Hey.  Yeah.  That swirly fan thing...Maybe just that everything extended from the middle and that was the Night King.  Just a WAG.

I've honestly got no idea how things will play out at this point.

Dany has absolutely zero friends left in Westeros besides Grey Worm and Drogon because she went full Mad Queen. Hard to keep loyal subjects when you torch everything. Perhaps she is just happy knowing she absolutely torched the 7 kingdoms and decides to run back to Mereen to be with the only person left who loves her (Daario). Leave the ash pile behind her and let the (very) few houses argue over the scraps.  I honestly see her going back to Dragonstone at a minimum.

Jon Snow has always been loyal to a fault (like Ned Stark), and I do not see him breaking rank to kill Dany. He may no longer recognize her as the queen, but he won't do anything drastic.

Arya is a coin flip. She either says FTS and rides into the sunset or she goes after Dany.

Some characters with unknown endings: 

Jaqen H'ghar - does he come in to shut down Arya, help her, or even show up again at all?

Edmure Tully - Was last seen being used to reclaim Riverrun for the Lannisters and supposedly being shipped back to prison in the Twins

Ellaria Sand - Last seen in the dungeons of the Red Keep. Cersi poisoned her daughter, but what happened to her? Assumed killed in the cells?

Yara Greyjoy - Last seen sailing back to the Iron Islands. Does she really have anything left to do?

Brienne & Podrick - Do they stay in Winterfell as Sansa's guard? probably

Gendry - Does he go to Storm's End and be content? Does he find Arya and convince the post-nuclear version of her to settle down?

Bronn - Only one Lannister left to pay him, don't really see him with any choice but to either ride into the sunset or rage kill Tyrion.

Sam & Guilly - Staying in Winterfell/north? Don't really see anything for for them.

Tormund - Same as Sam. Ride off to the north and never be seen again. Brings Ghost with him.

Daario Nahharis was last left in charge in Mereen. Does he come back at all?

Davos Seaworth - Follow Jon (probably) or stay with Dany? Or simply disappear back to Essos/Braavos to live out his retirement years...

Robin Arryn - Left behind in the Eyrie. Do we really care?

And we have no idea what the Iron Bank will do now that the Lannister loan to buy the Golden Company won't get paid...
At least Peter Jackson closed out Tolkien's series without loose ends(and the dead guys were the good guys and the dragon was always a bad guy).  Since Doug and Mr. Peet are directing the finale,  hopefully it will go out on a high note.  They say the series ending will be bittersweet, but to date it has been pretty bitter.

Hey.  Yeah.  That swirly fan thing...Maybe just that everything extended from the middle and that was the Night King.  Just a WAG.
One of the writers answered that during an interview:

"As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral 'henge of stones'.

"The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross."

Slightly OT, but if you have the chance I'd hihgly recommend visiting Dubrovnik. It's where they film most of the King's Landing scene's. Beautiful place, lots to do. The old city isn't that big though, so after visiting you can't help but notice where they filmed so many of the city shots. I swear they torched, blew up, invaded the same square and alleyways about five different ways on last week's episode.

Slightly OT, but if you have the chance I'd hihgly recommend visiting Dubrovnik. It's where they film most of the King's Landing scene's. Beautiful place, lots to do. The old city isn't that big though, so after visiting you can't help but notice where they filmed so many of the city shots. I swear they torched, blew up, invaded the same square and alleyways about five different ways on last week's episode.
Do they have naked women walking the streets taking the walk of shame?  Kidding aside, I think it would be great place to visit along with locale of the Dornish Capital, which I believe is in Spain.

Back