Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like my ice dragon prediction came through.  Well, it wasn't much of a prediction, all the GoT posters for this season had the Night King riding the damned thing.  

This season has been awesome - sucks it ends this week, but I cant complain. I wonder how much the dragon footage costs? I think each episode has had more than those silly hobbit movies..

Littlefinger trying to pit Sansa and Arya against each other is interesting - I don't know if he is actually trying to create a reason for Sansa to confide in him or get Sansa "kicked out" of winterfell so he can take over?

But I do think they sort of borrowed the SW EP II Arena scene / Yoda saving the day with the dragon rescue but I guess it 'had to happen' someway or another..

This season has been awesome - sucks it ends this week, but I cant complain. I wonder how much the dragon footage costs? I think each episode has had more than those silly hobbit movies..

Littlefinger trying to pit Sansa and Arya against each other is interesting - I don't know if he is actually trying to create a reason for Sansa to confide in him or get Sansa "kicked out" of winterfell so he can take over?

But I do think they sort of borrowed the SW EP II Arena scene / Yoda saving the day with the dragon rescue but I guess it 'had to happen' someway or another..
Finally cool getting to see the bag of faces and find out what Arya's true superpower is besides baking family pies...

Yeah, I'm not liking Sansa much this season. She needs more street smarts. Arya, on the other hand, seems pretty darned awesome.

Ice dragon... That's going to be kind of crazy. What if it turns out that Dany can still sort of control it? That'd be pretty awesome.

And of course, Jon Snow made it through. I thought the Wildling King was going to die beyond the wall, but he survived. All the really major people survived that trip; only that Priest from the Brotherhood succumbed, I believe.

I wonder if Littlefinger "outsmarting" Arya isn't a misdirect, and Arya actually knows he set them up/is eavesdropping on everything.

I thought the wildling guy was going to be gone too.  Was not expecting another Benjen intervention.  He ought to make for a nasty white walker, though.  

I wonder if Littlefinger "outsmarting" Arya isn't a misdirect, and Arya actually knows he set them up/is eavesdropping on everything.

I thought the wildling guy was going to be gone too.  Was not expecting another Benjen intervention.  He ought to make for a nasty white walker, though.  
I was honestly expecting dragon #3 flying in and snagging Jon at the last second. Dany brought all 3, they were riding one, another died, so I assumed the 3rd would land and Jon would become a dragon rider...

I had never seen the night king/dragon poster before. Had to google it.

I think Arya knows a lot more about Littlefinger than he knows. She is getting ready to spring a trap on someone, giving Sansa that dagger is leading up to something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its weird they have made Sansa go from the one character we all felt so sorry for to turning her into the scapegoat...

I think when this is over I am still going to need to go back and read the character sections on certain people.   Still to much to keep track of..

Sansa has evolved quite a bit as a character though.  At the beginning of the series she was hated due to her obsession with Joffrey.  She only became a sympathetic character during the Ramsay Bolton arc.  Based on my reading of the books, she has always been a bit removed and certainly isn't the everyday character readers associated with (Jon Snow, Arya).  

I have as much sympathy for Sansa as I do for Theon Greyjoy.

And where did the dead get those chains? Did the Titanic sink nearby?

I have to wonder if the Gendry character will be helping Arya at some point.

Gendry is supposed to have Targaryean blood (I believe through his aunt), so in all likelihood, he will play a part in the war by virtue of being able to work with dragon fire to forge new Valyrian steel.  

There is also another theory that Gendry is actually Cersei's son with Robert, the one she claimed to have lost, and that she deliberately sent him away so that the child of Jamie and herself would get the throne, and not a descendant of a Baratheon.

So I guess Rhaegar named BOTH of his sons Aegon?  A bit odd, though not sure that it matters.

Wasn't expecting the dragon to wipe out the wall quite so easily, especially shooting ice at ice?  Oh well.  I guess Tormund is dead also?

I guess I was a bit surprised, even though I totally shouldn't have been, about Cersei's double-cross at the end.  Is she really going to have Jamie killed?  And why didn't The Mountain kill him right there when he got the nod?

I'm sure everyone was thrilled to see Littlefinger go out like a sniveling little biatch.

I thought it was shooting blue flames at the wall?  

Looking forward to The Mountain vs The Hound.

I thought that at first, but then on the close ups there were shards/chunks around the periphery of it?

I guess I was a bit surprised, even though I totally shouldn't have been, about Cersei's double-cross at the end.  Is she really going to have Jamie killed?  And why didn't The Mountain kill him right there when he got the nod?
Something Cersei said made me say "hmmm" though.  Is Tyrion in on the double cross?  We never see the last bit of his conversation with Cersei and later she makes that crack about Jamie being the dumbest Lanister.  Is it because he was the only one of the three who didn't figure out the whole thing was a ruse?

Jamie riding off in disgust, presumably to the North to help, does lend more weight to the Jamie-kills-Cersei theory.

Since dragon fire can kill the walkers, wouldn't the dragon melt its own face off if it was shooting fire?

I am kind of sensing a  Jamie - Bron Reunion with the wagon mounted cross bow thingy?

I wonder how much the dragon footage costs?  It doesn't look as CGI as even some movies lately..

A Tyrion double-cross of his Queen to aid Cersei and the Lannisters would be the ultimate double cross and F-you to fans, even though I doubt it will happen.  It would be amazing, though.

I am kind of sensing a  Jamie - Bron Reunion with the wagon mounted cross bow thingy?

I wonder how much the dragon footage costs?  It doesn't look as CGI as even some movies lately..
I read somewhere that the average GoT episode would run $800K per 10 minutes of CGI, so figure the more dragon-intensive scenes like the finale and wall coming down are probably a good $100K/minute.

Back