Fundraisers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
281wlkw.jpg

I have my charities. I can't give to everyone else's. If I do that, I'll need a charity for myself eventually.

I have my charities. I can't give to everyone else's. If I do that, I'll need a charity for myself eventually.
That's the stance I take, and it was hard to come to that.

I would get "dollared" to death at stores.

"Do you want to donate $1 to help homeless pets?"

"Do you want to donate $1 to help fight breast cancer?"

"Do you want to donate $1 to help crackheads get hooked on methadone?"

I finally decided not to do it anymore.

My current charitable policy is my church, a primary selected charity, local charities and individuals as the need arises, and any child or teenager that has the gumption to actually walk up to my door and ask me to buy something. I remember being in that position at 10, and it's intimidating.

Other than that, I just say no.

So basically, I hate charities, but I'm cool with children.

Last edited by a moderator:
so do we and I try explaining that we already have picked our donations for the year to those calling soliciting money and more than one have actually responded by saying its only a $5 donation in a rather rude tone.

In return for your small donation to help the Captain proofread his posters to brighten up the world for future generations, you will recieve 2 sqft of exclusive Wilheldp wrapping paper.

Any donations towards The Captain's Proofreading Fund will go to the Church Jailbait Bikini Carwash next spring.

This is quickly becoming a HOF status thread. PS, I like that wallpaper. If they sold it at Walgreen's I'd buy it, but if some little shit comes to my door peddaling that merchandise I'm going to beat them with the leftover wrapping paper roll.

only fundraising I do is cub scout popcorn, I hate doing it, I dont even bring it to work, I have told the boys if they want to sell it then put on the uniform and hit the neighborhood
Attention - all salute RG - The Popcorn Kernel.

Just a suggestion but you might be cheating yourself and the pack by not leaving a sign up list on a receptionist's desk at work. No hard sell, but people can if donate if they they want to. Then when the product is delivered you have your kids come to the office after school and hand it out, collect the money, and thank the donor. It's pretty much the custom around here and it seem to work for everybody.

When I see those things on the receptionist's desk at work I ball them up and wipe my ass with them.
Does your ass often need wiping at the receptionist's desk? What do you do if there's no fundraiser sheets? Do you just grab the current month off of the desk calendar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back