Free Advice: Give or Take

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it's a lot of fun. And as long as I'm having fun, I could give a shit less how everybody else feels.

yup.

I think that's what is so funny about the Seinfeld series. It puts people in those situations.

Have any weightlifting advice since you look like Dr. Universe? I just started another round of Bigger, Faster, Stronger...but only the upper body version (can't do squats any more...back issue).

Yes, but do squats.

Seriously, even if you don't do squats, always train the legs. They are a huge body part, and training big body parts will cause your body to release natural growth hormone, and everything else will grow, bodyfat will drop, etc. etc.

I tell guys, if you want bigger arms, then train legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but do squats.

Seriously, even if you don't do squats, always train the legs. They are a huge body part, and training big body parts will cause your body to release natural growth hormone, and everything else will grow, bodyfat will drop, etc. etc.
I do lunges and go balls out on the exercise bike, so I have very little body fat and lots of muscle tone on my legs. But since I lost all of the weight, my upper body looks like a deflated balloon. It's getting better after 5 weeks of lifting, but just wondered if there is anything I could be doing better.

As long as you are lifting, then you are breaking down the tissue to be rebuilt. After that, to rebuild you need calories, and nitrogen. The positive Nitrogen balance will come from Amino Acids which is broken down protein, so eat 25 grams of protein every 3 hours, and you'll grow. It's as easy as that.

Now eating 25 grams of protein every 3 hours is not the easy part, yet it is.

As long as you are lifting, then you are breaking down the tissue to be rebuilt. After that, to rebuild you need calories, and nitrogen. The positive Nitrogen balance will come from Amino Acids which is broken down protein, so eat 25 grams of protein every 3 hours, and you'll grow. It's as easy as that.
Now eating 25 grams of protein every 3 hours is not the easy part, yet it is.
Hmmm...that seems counterproductive. I just want muscle tone, not to get huge (I just lost the weight, I don't want it back...even if it is in muscle form instead of fat). Is there any good sources of protein and nitrogen that doesn't have a lot of calories?

All good sources of protein do not have a lot of calories. Each gram of protein has 4 calories. So 25 grams would only be 100 calories, and every 3 hours would be 6-7 times a day. 600-700 calories is nothing. You need other food as well, but it's the 600-700 calories that will do the trick.

And if you're body looks like a deflated balloon, how do you propose to fix it without gaining anything?

And if you're body looks like a deflated balloon, how do you propose to fix it without gaining anything?
Tummy tuck? Effed if I know, but lots of crunches seems to be helping without adding bulk.

Alright, I'm outie 5000. Talk at y'all tomorrow morning.

Toenails - do you cut them short, or keep them longer to prevent ingrowns?

That's why I leave mine kind of long, but haven't you ever hurt your wife in bed with a careless slice of the big toenail?

Be true to yourself.

Be kind to everyone, even to those you don't like.

Be quiet sometimes, even when you have something to say.

Smile. :)

Some cow manure piles are higher than the front push bar on your go cart. make sure you can clear it before trying to scare someone that you're about to hit the pile.

or you might get manure stuck up under that hangnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back