Free Advice: Give or Take

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a specialty of mechanical.

I have heard many "lines" about screws in engineering. Have you ever heard of a sex bolt?

Not in any context that's appropriate.

I have a terribly sore throat. No other symptoms, just a sore throat. I went to see a doctor and he said it wasn't strep, so I just have to deal with it.

I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and I really need to cut the pain down so I can drink beers tomorrow night at the resort bar with my colleagues.

What do you recommend?

Yeah, but how will that react with the plans for beers at the beach bar?

Someone at my office recommended eating a clove of raw garlic.

Somehow I don't think that will go over well at the table-top meetings I will be leading the next two days.

I got a crappy haircut because my usual hairdresser stopped working there and a total personality dud cut my hair instead. What do I do??

I went to see a doctor and he said it wasn't strep
Damn, doctors are lazy these days. Mary's husband's sleep doctor said it isn't sleep apnea and your doctor says it isn't strep. Yet neither of them seem to have given you any hints as to what IT ACTUALLY IS!

My wife was hospitalized a couple of years ago with viral meningitis, and I told the Doc that she caught a CASE OF THE MENGEES, the doc looked at me like I had two heads....

you had to be there

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had lots of those moments at meetings at work. People don't understand my humor, and I don't care enough to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back