FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that it is three strikes and your out. Meaning 12 hours of additional courses and a full resubmittal of your application. The "entire" application.
This is my last shot. On my 2nd strike, so hopefully I passed this time.
This is correct. You get three chances to pass the PE exam in FL before having to go back and do more classes and such. Florida has you do an initial application. That application is good for 3 years and has a higher fee associated with it ($230). Any time you want to take a test within those three years, you have to fill out an application to retake the exam before you sign up with ELSES. That application is only $125 compared to the initial application. The initial application goes through and checks your experience and education and all. They are just checking to see if you have already filled out an initial application with the reexamination application. None of these fees are applied to the exam. If it has been more than three years since the initial application, they want your larger fee and all of the experience you had gotten in the years since the last initial application. But I am convinced, most of all, they just want more of your money.

Lots of hoops in Florida.

Good luck to all who are waiting on FL Results... It's a killer but we are one of the early states to receive results.

Florida seems tough. I heard of a guy that didn't use a crimp seal one time on a set of drawings and the board fined him something like $500 per sheet for the whole document set.

I did not get you what you are saying. I was saying the board will decide on cut off scores on 17th and 18th. After that it will entered into the system and them emailed to us. Normally board emails you first and then mails you later on. I am 100% confident on the procedure as I know someone who volunteers for the NCEES meetings. My friends who appreared for the exam last year got their result in email. Florida is the quickest within 8-9 weeks they will let us know the result for sure.

The Florida results get emailed straight from ELSES to the examineshttp://www.els-examreg.org/state_info.php?state=Florida

So you would assume that the date of the board meeting and the date when the results are released are totally unrelated.

I'm only speculating of course. :dunno:

I did not get you what you are saying. I was saying the board will decide on cut off scores on 17th and 18th. After that it will entered into the system and them emailed to us. Normally board emails you first and then mails you later on. I am 100% confident on the procedure as I know someone who volunteers for the NCEES meetings. My friends who appreared for the exam last year got their result in email. Florida is the quickest within 8-9 weeks they will let us know the result for sure.
I think your volunteer friend is mistaken. The cut off score issue is not on the agenda. Last April the scores were posted prior to the board meeting. Like most states I think the posting date is completely independent of the board meeting.

Here's where everybody is. Hey - do any of you remember what thread those alabama jokes were in? I need them!!! Give them to me!!

FYI-

E-mail from TestMasters @ 12:26 pm today:

"NCEES, which conducts the EIT and PE examinations, will be sending the April 2009 exam results to the state boards sometime this week.

After the results are received by a board, most of the state boards take two days to two weeks to post or mail the results. As far as I know, only one state takes as long as 4 to 6 weeks. Several PE boards post the results on their website."

FYI-E-mail from TestMasters @ 12:26 pm today:

"NCEES, which conducts the EIT and PE examinations, will be sending the April 2009 exam results to the state boards sometime this week.

After the results are received by a board, most of the state boards take two days to two weeks to post or mail the results. As far as I know, only one state takes as long as 4 to 6 weeks. Several PE boards post the results on their website."
So, NCEES should be mailing results to the state boards today or tomorrow as I read that, right? I get notification directly from NCEES (PA), so should I expect to be receiving them sometime early to mid next week then?

This seems too optimistic of a timeframe, IMO. :waitwall:

Back