FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Congratulations !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

While it's a real shame you had to be put through crap over the last week, I am glad it worked out with minimal interruption and distress in your life. :)

Best regards,

JR

I guess somebody had to be last. I decided to give Mr. Lynch until noon to return my calls before going over his head and asking what was going with my number. No call so I tried again and asked the receptionist to please not put me into his voicemail but pick me up again if he didn't answer. Surprisingly he picked up. He muttered some excuse about the data sometimes not going through correctly the first time and gave me my number. I ordered the seal a few minutes later from a computer at the dive shop where I was getting my tanks filled (we get our birthday as a holiday).
We wait this long to get our number, there should be some type of double-check when they are posted to correct mistakes if "Sometimes the data doesn't update properly when they enter it the first time."

End of rant. I'm a P.E. now, number 67585. I wonder who the poor soul was that got 66666.
Congratulations, Mark!

It was a good birthday present, right? :)

^^ Congratulations !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

It was a good birthday present, right? :)
It was a good day all around. For my Birthday I went diving near Branford in a beautiful cave system that has so far become my favorite. I should also post in the other thread that my present to myself for passing was a drysuit (I'm thermally challenged and was getting cold in a 7mil wetsuit). The cool thing about these dives is that I'm diving in the Floridan Aquifer - Gin clear water - when I get thirsty I just take a sip! :winko:

Then my girls (wife+3 daughters) took me out for dinner. Then back at home I got PRESENTS! :eyebrows:

Thanks for the encouragement and support.

Mark

Where do you find your Florida PE Number. I go on the myfloridalicence site and it is still not on there. On the exam info site it just says pass. On the verify licence site all it says is elgible for exam. I tried to talk to someone at the board and he emailed and said they are working on them. Do they only do a few at a time.

Where do you find your Florida PE Number. I go on the myfloridalicence site and it is still not on there. On the exam info site it just says pass. On the verify licence site all it says is elgible for exam. I tried to talk to someone at the board and he emailed and said they are working on them. Do they only do a few at a time.
Gosh, I thought I was last!! I just checked the DBPR site and there have been three more #'s issued since mine on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the person you need to speak to at the FBPE (Brian Lynch) takes a long time to return phone calls, if he ever does. All I can really say is be persistent. After two voicemail messages on Thursday and Friday last week and three other calls on Friday that just went to VM I had to ask the person that answered (on Tuesday, Monday was a Holiday for state employees) to check and see if he was in his office and if he didn't pick the call up to please pick the call back up because I was going to ask to speak to someone else. Amazingly he picked up and within 30 seconds he had updated the information that shows up on the website and read me my number.

FBPE 1-850-521-0500

Brian Lynch extension 121

Don't give up!! According to UPS my seal will arrive today. One of the first letters that I send will be to the FBPE about the frustrations some of us face waiting in the dark during certain parts of this process. I experienced time delays during the application and number issuance processes that I am sure were not exclusive to me. From what I have heard these delays are nothing new. This is the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and this part of the organization doesn't seem to operate any more efficiently than I would imagine the Board of Cosmetology.

Good Luck! Post back when you get your number.

Mark

Gosh, I thought I was last!! I just checked the DBPR site and there have been three more #'s issued since mine on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the person you need to speak to at the FBPE (Brian Lynch) takes a long time to return phone calls, if he ever does. All I can really say is be persistent. After two voicemail messages on Thursday and Friday last week and three other calls on Friday that just went to VM I had to ask the person that answered (on Tuesday, Monday was a Holiday for state employees) to check and see if he was in his office and if he didn't pick the call up to please pick the call back up because I was going to ask to speak to someone else. Amazingly he picked up and within 30 seconds he had updated the information that shows up on the website and read me my number.
FBPE 1-850-521-0500

Brian Lynch extension 121

Don't give up!! According to UPS my seal will arrive today. One of the first letters that I send will be to the FBPE about the frustrations some of us face waiting in the dark during certain parts of this process. I experienced time delays during the application and number issuance processes that I am sure were not exclusive to me. From what I have heard these delays are nothing new. This is the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and this part of the organization doesn't seem to operate any more efficiently than I would imagine the Board of Cosmetology.

Good Luck! Post back when you get your number.

Mark

Thanks. Where are you looking on the DBPR site to find the numbers. I was just looking under my name and could not find a number for me.

Thanks. Where are you looking on the DBPR site to find the numbers. I was just looking under my name and could not find a number for me.

When you do a Search for Licensee...if you have a number, your name will come up and you will get your number there. That is the only place that I have been able to find my number.

When you do a Search for Licensee...if you have a number, your name will come up and you will get your number there. That is the only place that I have been able to find my number.

Finally got mine today. I still do not know why you have to harass the FBPE to do anything for you.

Finally got mine today. I still do not know why you have to harass the FBPE to do anything for you.
I am glad that got worked out! :)

As far as FBPE, that is just the way it goes. Everyone has problems with FBPE - licensed or examinee. I guess it goes with the territory. :dunno:

JR

Back