FLORIDA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for my results but knew that JR was messin with you, just hang around here more often and you would know :D I thought it was pretty funny JR!
Congrats ingluis!!! Hopefully there will be a bunch more of you getting positive results today!
Alright, hate to damper the parade, but I got my results, and I will now be taking this damn exam again in October. I can't believe it. Thought for sure I had passed it. 2 sheets in envelope, one failure, one diagnostic. :D

not sure how to study differently so I guess it will be an uphill battle.

Did you take the Civil PE exam? Which depth field did you chose and how was the breakdown between morning and afternoon results?

Alright, hate to damper the parade, but I got my results, and I will now be taking this damn exam again in October. I can't believe it. Thought for sure I had passed it. 2 sheets in envelope, one failure, one diagnostic. :D

floridaengineer4now-

Hate to hear the bad news. All you can do is get back up and try again. Trust me, many of us have been in your shoes.

manuke-

Congratulations!!! Good job...

ktulu

Congrats to those in FL who passed & condolences and better luck to those who'll be back in October.

Still waiting in TX :D

Civil Transportation, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the breakdown. I did fine on the morning, but not too good in the afternoon. I think one thing I can see from this diagnostic, is I need to reorganize my studying and spend much more time on the afternoon session topics. I definitely did a lot more breadth studying then depth. does this answer your question?

Last edited:

Sorry to hear you didn't pass. I didn't pass the first time i took it. Hope i passed this time. Hopefully you can use the report to help you study for the areas you did not do well in. I would ofer advise, but i will wait to see if i passed this evening.

Best of luck next time.

Alright, hate to damper the parade, but I got my results, and I will now be taking this damn exam again in October. I can't believe it. Thought for sure I had passed it. 2 sheets in envelope, one failure, one diagnostic. :D not sure how to study differently so I guess it will be an uphill battle.
Sorry to hear the disappointing news... there are others around here who have been in your shoes... everyone here would be more than willing to help give you tips/etc to help you pass next time

Civil Transportation, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the breakdown. I did fine on the morning, but not too good in the afternoon. I think one thing I can see from this diagnostic, is I need to reorganize my studying and spend much more time on the afternoon session topics. I definitely did a lot more breadth studying then depth. does this answer your question?

The transportation afternoon was much more broad than I expected.

My reference books were used by a friend who took the transpo test three or four times. Every time he took it, he went home and marked the topics he'd been "burned" on. So I thought, "What are the chances I'll get material on this exam that was not hit once in his consecutive exams?" But I was surprised.

Don't get me wrong, the material he had marked was almost always important. But there were times during the exam where I was looking at parts of books which had never been read by me or my friend.

yeah, i came up with a score for myself based on the breakdown of the afternoon, and my scores. assuming the breakdown of transportation, I got a 69.3. probably just torturing myself, and of course we don't know if any problems were thrown out, but thats my score. 8 more hours of exam, plus three months of studying for what looks like one problem. dammit. alright, I'm done bitching now.

congrats to all you lucky PE's!!!!

I am waiting my FL score in Chicago.

Hope it will come tomorrow.

floridaengineer4now-
Hate to hear the bad news. All you can do is get back up and try again. Trust me, many of us have been in your shoes.

manuke-

Congratulations!!! Good job...

ktulu
:multiplespotting:

I picked a crummy day to be in the field working today but my wife called me at noon with the good news ... I passed. Second time a charm!!!!! In Orlando.

Congrats to all who passed!!

Sorry for the ones who didn't. I know it is tough having been in your shoes but hang in there!!

Last edited:
Crap....you guys are making me nervous now! Day is almost over and I'm about to drive home (Orlando, FL).

I bet its sitting in my mailbox. Will let you guys know....

Outstanding, sceriana!!!

Add a few more encouraging posts here, and get your name up on the banner!!

:multiplespotting:

ktulu

floridaengineer4now - don't fret too much. My first time around I took the review class and studied my brains out. When I found out I didn't pass 3 days before Xmas ... ugh! I pretty much placed my books on hold til February because I was getting married and going away for 10-days.

But when I hit the books again, I looked at my diagnostics and concentrated on my weaker subjects ... but obviously not ignoring my main subjects ... since I wasn't sure how to go about things diferently. But it seemed to do the trick.

Back