FLORIDA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, it makes me nervous about going home now. please let me not have to take it again.

i will post either way...

floridaengineer4now - don't fret too much. My first time around I took the review class and studied my brains out. When I found out I didn't pass 3 days before Xmas ... ugh! I pretty much placed my books on hold til February because I was getting married and going away for 10-days.
But when I hit the books again, I looked at my diagnostics and concentrated on my weaker subjects ... but obviously not ignoring my main subjects ... since I wasn't sure how to go about things diferently. But it seemed to do the trick.
thanks for the words of encouragement. I was in the same boat, only I got married, took the exam three weeks later, and went on the honeymoon the next day after the exam. not making any excuses though, I should've been able to handle it. oh well, thanks again though.

Many Congrats!!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

Now lets get some results on the other side of the Gulf :multiplespotting:

Congratulations to all Florida’s engineers (especially Electrical) that took and passed the PE last April. I am still waiting for results. It seems that South Florida will be getting the “letters” tomorrow.

RC

Congratulations to all Florida’s engineers (especially Electrical) that took and passed the PE last April. I am still waiting for results. It seems that South Florida will be getting the “letters” tomorrow.
RC
i am in palm beach county. where are you RC

i am in palm beach county and i received my result today

for passing its one page saying you passed

I took Power depth

Congratulations ingluis, manuke, sceriana, cyclone, and umjeff!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

It is awesome to see all of the Florida representation !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :bananalama:

JR

Alright, hate to damper the parade, but I got my results, and I will now be taking this damn exam again in October. I can't believe it. Thought for sure I had passed it. 2 sheets in envelope, one failure, one diagnostic. :appl:
not sure how to study differently so I guess it will be an uphill battle.
If you don't mind, post your diagnostic. That is typically a way that a number of us have been able to refocus study efforts. Also, just plan on hanging out in the exam prep area - there are LOTS of resources to help with the study effort!! :appl:

FWIW - I would just spend some time being
2.gif
, that way you can get over it and move on to focusing on passing the next time. :bananalama:

JR

thanks for the words of encouragement. I was in the same boat, only I got married, took the exam three weeks later, and went on the honeymoon the next day after the exam. not making any excuses though, I should've been able to handle it. oh well, thanks again though.

floridaengineer4now,

Wow, we see why you did not pass, you were supposed to study and remember all that why you were planning a wedding. Yeah right. I give you credit for trying to take the exam with all that going on. Now you can actually prepare for the exam.

I hope you can realize that a lot of engineers have to take the exam more than once. I do not know the numbers, but it has to be at least 40%. I took it twice. And from your results, you did better the first time than i did. My first time i got the ~ following on my results

transportation: 25%

Geo:47%

Environmental 50%

Water resources 100%

Structural 40%

afternoon

env = 80%

hydraulics= 47%

hydrology= 100%

geo = 40%

water resources = 100%

So, i only did good in water resource subjects.

AFter i failed, i took a review class from Schoolofpe.com. This might not be for you, but i did not have time / or be discipline enough to make myself study, so this class was perfect for me. 5 weekends, no studying during the week. I also took the week before the test off and went out of town to study away from work / family (I have 4 kids). So studying is hard at my house.

I did not study much the first time. I think you will pass next time, since i think you did better than i did the first time, with the most stressful time of your life happening at the same time maybe the second most stressful time is happening. (Just in case my wife reads this i will not tell which is first).

Had a loooong day yesterday and did not visit the Board. Came back from work 30 minutes ago and wanted to see how my friends are doing here.

Congrats to all Floridians passing and for the ones who came short....bounce back and go for it again. I said this before; when you get the passing letter the ones saying "fail" are forgotten so chin up and say :appl:

I am also happy to see EB has a new record....195...Wao. Would like to see 205 so :appl:

Will come back tomorrow. I am wasted tonight.

well, fellas, you all will be the first (other than my husband) to hear the news. I got my letter yesterday afternoon - Mechanical, Machine Design Depth.

I did NOT pass. :multiplespotting:

I cried a bit, but I really didn't feel good about it as I left the exam room. So, I have to decide when to do this again.

Not surprisingly, I did well on the Thermal/Fluids stuff because I figured since it was my weakest subject that I would study it harder. Well, that resulted in my scoring the best on those topics, but at the expense of the others. :suicide1:

I am planning to wait until Monday to tell my coworkers, friends, et al because I don't want to deal with the pitying looks. :multiplespotting:

Sorry to hear the news gatormech... It really sucks more to have to tell people you failed when they have been telling you how confident they were you passed (just guessing this happend)... Be mad for a bit, get it together and go pass it next time!

Gatormech - I'm really sorry to hear the news. That's a bummer. But now you know what it's like -- I'm sure you'll get it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ritchie, thanks for the virtual *hugs* via the vote of confidence. It does suck because we aren't required to have it to work here, so I was doing it for myself. The guys here thought that it was nice that I wanted to attempt it, and gave me the canned, "I know you passed" type of talks, so it hurts to have to tell them what happened.

So, do I suck it up and try again in October or wait till next year? I need to check the board rules on retakes, etc...

I refuse to not try again. I have to try again. But my confidence is a little rattled right now.

thanks, frazil.

i have to tell myself that this doesn't make me less of a designer...right? :|

Back