Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My recurring nightmare is that I somehow accidentally post an exam question to this forum and get my results invalidated and never know if I passed or not.

I also feel it suggest Phase 1.5. Phase 1.5 is when NCEES e-mails you and your smart phone displays the letter subject as NCEES October 2013 exam and you feel amazed that NCEES finally figured out that scantrons can be quickly graded and have issued the exam results! However, your amazement is quickly replaced by rage as you discover that the letter you thought was actually your results is really them requesting you complete a survey to help them improve the exam experience. :madgo:

I also feel it suggest Phase 1.5. Phase 1.5 is when NCEES e-mails you and your smart phone displays the letter subject as NCEES October 2013 exam and you feel amazed that NCEES finally figured out that scantrons can be quickly graded and have issued the exam results! However, your amazement is quickly replaced by rage as you discover that the letter you thought was actually your results is really them requesting you complete a survey to help them improve the exam experience. :madgo:

Yeah, that just happened. I saw the email this morning and got butterflies. But alas ... :smileyballs:

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.

To expand on Phase 6 (results), you will have to go through a several day period of refreshing the NCEES website hoping that your results are finally in. One or two states will post the results quickly, and the rest will trickle in. Just hope that the first few states release the results on a Monday. Knowing you have to wait through one more weekend is tough. And of course there will be one or two states that are over a week behind. Prepare to refresh that website about once every 30 minutes or so!

You should also be prepared to be fooled by a post claiming the results are in.

Pennsylvania and New Jersey seem to compete for last place at the finish line with results. Very frustrating but we'll see how things go this year.

No matter how quickly they turn out the results, people will still be displeased becasue, "It just isn't quick enough!" My best advice is assume you passed and enjoy life away from the books. Consider it a vacation of sorts. The more your state lags, the longer of a "vacation" you have.

No matter how quickly they turn out the results, people will still be displeased becasue, "It just isn't quick enough!" My best advice is assume you passed and enjoy life away from the books. Consider it a vacation of sorts. The more your state lags, the longer of a "vacation" you have.

Excellent advice. Every time I think about it, I start to get anxious and have a knot in my stomach. Better to just assume you passed and live life to the fullest in the meantime.

Oh dear, this is spot on so far.

Well, I started trying to calculate the cut score sub-phase about 2 hours after the test, but otherwise spot on so far.

[SIZE=medium]I took Mechanical - Thermal / Fluids depth and as most of us here my morning went good but the afternoon kicked my left nutt. I had similar feeling of thinking "where to hang my PE license" after the morning exam but the afternoon session has taken all that joy away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]On my way back from exam I started calculating what the "cut-score" would be...in an attempt to see if I stand a chance on passing my exam. It’s later that I realized that I am trying to arrive a number with very few knowns and bunch of unknowns...so thats out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Morning Exam: I felt that I might have scored about 70% [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Afternoon Exam: 15 (solid) + 15 (good engineering guesses..have spend a lot of time trying to solve but ended up guessing on the closest numbers I computed) x 0.4 + 10 (random guess as I ran out of time) x 0.2. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Therefore: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Morning: 40 x 0.7 = 28 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Afternoon: 15+6+2 = 23 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Total: 51 / 80 ~ 63% raw..NOT SURE IF THIS IS ENOUGH!!! [/SIZE]

This is awesome.

I've done okay the past few days just telling myself that whatever happened has happened and that I'll take it from there with better knowledge of what is on the test in case I have to take it again in October.

Apparently everyone else has much more faith in my performance, despite not witnessing it. I'm not quite sure how else to say that it was more difficult than expected and that I think I could be near the cut-off but probably just below it.

Back