Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've heard confirming girls via ultrasound only is not very accurate...Maybe wait until after the baby is born to make sure they were 100% wrong is a lot easier.

I don't know if one is harder than the other. The first two kids were correct at the ultrasounds but they weren't until 20weeks both times. The one that was wrong this time was at 16 weeks but they still guaranteed it. there is no way my wife could ever wait until the kid was born, she has to have everything done. She had already bought new paint for the room, I don't know if they take paint back or not. I'm going to make her deal with that because I said to wait to make sure.

Our nephew, the child of two radiology techs, was MOST DEFINITELY a girl. They picked out the name Katie and had everything ready to go...except then he was Kaiden and they had nothing ready to go.

We didn't find out. I didn't want to know.

Waited on the first, found out on the second. Both girls. I live in the land of My Little Pony, Disney Princesses, and GoldieBlox.

Didn't find out with the first, not finding out with this one. But I think it's a boy because we cannot agree on a girls' name. We picked a boys name before this one was even conceived.

I still remember the name we had picked out had Mini-Dex #2 been a boy. My wife has transferred that name to her "pooch" if someone asks if she's pregnant (then she promptly rips their head off for thinking she's pregnant).

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't find out for the first one but the other two we let the doc tell us.. Ain't no one got time for that...

I wanted to name out 3 rd child Patton, after yes General Patton. But my dads name is Pat and my wife didn't want his friends shortening his name to Pat one day.... Women.....

My wife would lose her mind if ours doesn't end up being a girl. We have had 2 sonograms and one of the 3d ones, and all of them so far have shown girl. At least her room is yellow and baby blue, so if it's a boy, it shouldnt require too much reworking there! Plus her name would easily just go from Charlotte to Charlie.

The other fear my wife has right now is that there's a twin hiding in there somewhere lol. One of our friends was prepared for one, but there were two babies. The 2nd one was hiding directly behind the first for the entire pregnancy and was much smaller. They were prepared for a boy and got a boy and a girl!

Already having a boy and a girl I'm not too worried about what this one will be other than the fact the Mrs has to have everything ready to go no matter what so I'm really hoping they were right on the second one because I don't want to have to redo a bunch of stuff once the kid gets here.

Ugh, I am 1 hr into my 3-hr fasting glucose test. 2 more hours and 2 more blood draws until I can eat something. Fasting tests are usually not fun but they are extra not fun while pregnant.

Back