Exam Day Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEsoon2B

Hugh Jorgen
Reaction score
Do you think that ELSES would object to my bringing a beer into the exam room as my beverage?

I can get those plastic bottle 22 oz.'rs and they would not be disruptive at all. I have an anxiety disorder, and a beer or two would really calm my nerves and make the test that much more bearable for me.

Do you think this is possible? If I'm walking to the exam site, then what would really be the issue?

What's your thoughts?

:beerchug

I know your probably not being serious, but I'd personally would love to take one or two in.

:thumbsup: :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Anything not specifically prohibited (In writing) is allowed

2. Its always easier to get forgiveness than permission

Last edited by a moderator:
I put down a little bit of wine while I was studying; so I did figue that having a little bit of a buzz might help me to go back to the same setting I was in while studying.

Then again, the exam would have to be 12:00am in my kitchen as well to complete the scenario.

Too bad they don't allow alcohol. I thought I read somewhere that they didn't.

Ed

I have an anxiety disorder, and a beer or two would really calm my nerves and make the test that much more bearable for me.
:beerchug
you mean "beerable" ;)

I know a friend that brought gin with ginger ale in a water bottle and nobody said a thing... I remember there's a calculator policy but don't remember a beverage policy...

:beerchug :drunk:

My admissions slips specifically prohibits alcohol...i think you guys ruined it....bastards

:)

Can they stop you from sneaking in alchohol secretly stashed in your blood stream?

Then again, you wouldn't want to slowly sober up as the exam progressed.

We can't bring it in...but they don't say anything about making our own. I saw a thing on the Discovery channel about how to make moonshine. Lets give it a go.

We can't bring it in...but they don't say anything about making our own. I saw a thing on the Discovery channel about how to make moonshine. Lets give it a go.
Well I'm the resident homebrew master here. And I'm sorry to say there's no way you could ferment anything quick enough in the room to have it ready for the end of the test.

Maybe there's a Chem E out there who knows how to synthesize ethanol? :dunno:

We can't bring it in...but they don't say anything about making our own.  I saw a thing on the Discovery channel about how to make moonshine.  Lets give it a go.
Well I'm the resident homebrew master here. And I'm sorry to say there's no way you could ferment anything quick enough in the room to have it ready for the end of the test.

Maybe there's a Chem E out there who knows how to synthesize ethanol? :dunno:
Hydrating various alkanes and alkenes usually in the presence of an acid will produce ethanol. I would have to look it up to see the exact reaction pathway because your probably just as likely to make methanol (which would make you blind) or propanol (which would make you burn) or butanol (also with the burning). Ohh and the acid would have to be distilled out and I doubt a 8 tray distillation column with a thermsiphon reboiler is going to be allowed in the test room.

Back