Electrical PE Exam - Oct. 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA! I was unfamiliar to DGX as well.  Out here in the boones we get the Dollar General Store like most. :p   BUT! Yes... it's like the re-branded hip fancy cool carpeted dollar general. 
So I took the Civil PE Friday and try to avoid electrical at all costs :)  but had a friend get absolutely murdered by the Power PE same day. So I was just looking through these power opinions on how the test went and came across yours. Your description had me laughing out loud literally several times in my office. So I say thank you, thank you my friend for the comical read. 

I feel all sections were not covered in the proportions as specified in specifications. Some appeared more than specified at the cost of others. I was an excellent student during my college and have a very broad band of experience. I have been a good Engineer by all standards since beginning but still I feel there were a few bouncers, the ones which were unheard by me, may be those terms are not popular in the world I lived till now.  Some questions were  of course to test of English than of Engg. However there were many questions which were more simple than required for such a reputed exam. If the result is not favorable I too do not know how to improve from here as felt by @SumpPump . However I have already thought over it- Go on appearing till you pass- there will certainly be a set of questions someday which will be subset of what I know. 
i love that thinking! i needed that! thanks!

I received the dreaded examinee Survey email....anyone else?
I promise it has nothing to do with pass/fail. I received it both when I passed and failed. Deep breaths.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I promise it has nothing to do with pass/fail. I received it both when I passed and failed. Deep breaths.

Thanks. This is my second attempt and I'm one of those people who are extremely hard on themselves when I don't meet my own expectations.

Thanks. This is my second attempt and I'm one of those people who are extremely hard on themselves when I don't meet my own expectations.
I understand. You'll get it this time!

yes, but why dreaded/
There's a joke that the supporting members and veterans on this board that like to say that if you receive the survey then chances are that you failed. The reason why I freak out is because last time I received it and found out that I failed.

There's a joke that the supporting members and veterans on this board that like to say that if you receive the survey then chances are that you failed. The reason why I freak out is because last time I received it and found out that I failed.
I did know this. hahahah. So I am gone?

Correction- I did not know this. 
Who knows; NCEES has changed this time. Only toppers getting more than 95% marks are getting this survey from this time!!!!!! So @Stephen2awesome you and me are topping this time!!!!!! Come out forum, who else are getting more than 95%!!! Check your emails!!!

Who knows; NCEES has changed this time. Only toppers getting more than 95% marks are getting this survey from this time!!!!!! So @Stephen2awesome you and me are topping this time!!!!!! Come out forum, who else are getting more than 95%!!! Check your emails!!!
I can only hope lol

Calaz said:
I received the survey yesterday.  Seems like I'm in the 95% group!!
Lol. hahahha. Those participate in the survey, first day are getting 3% bonus, next day 2%, next to next day 1%, I did the first day first hour. Lol

Geeez

I took the power exam last month.  I took a review class to prepare, and worked many practice problems.  However,  I still left the exam feeling very uncertain.  If I don't make it over the bar this time, is anyone interested in a study group for April 2018?  Thanks in advance.

1 week to go before someone around the country gets a fun email!!

T-Minus 1 week and counting.... 

Back