EB Survivor Challenge 2

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wins the challenge?

• HBB

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Frozen Chosen

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you use a treadmill for a spaceship? It is quite obvious that you are all not rocket scientists. Even in the1960s stationary rocket propulsion was utilized to exit the atmosphere. In space a treadmill would only propel you backwards.

Once again, negative. Rules never stipulated whether we were to redesign for new or older models. They simply stated that we redesign for an "aging" holders. Therefore, one could argue that the older model ship presented a more aged version of the holodeck.

Argument won on a technicality.
No where in my post did I state there was a rule breach. I merely pointed out the Frozen Chosen design was based on old technology and therefore was inferior to the design set forth by HBB. Argument invalid.
Actually, argument still valid. We used an inferior layout based on old technology with the intention of upgrading it to current needs. Therefore the galaxy class ship would have current mods.
Ah ok. So your ship will have an up-to-date recreation center but a completely useless weapons array against the Borg. Basically your plan of attack will be to "entertain" them to death. Got it. :thumbs:

Ok Kfox, I seriously just laughed my butt off at the link you provided.

I actually really would like to see Frozen Chosen's design though.
There will be no voting until I can download attachments and if I get too pissed off waiting, the group with the most admins / mods will lose this challenge by default.
Did I mix up and post the wrong file?! Weird. How about this one instead? You're welcome Frozen Chosen. Hopefully you'll still get some small trinket for 2nd place. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a demonstration of Frozen Chosen's proposed design. BUT DON'T WORRY, IT HAD AN UPGRADED REC ROOM! LOL

tumblr_n0rjf5hNIO1s3vqw5o3_500.gif

CAD work credit to MS.

Treadmill2_zpsdb6ace15.jpg

Treadmill1_zps9a5eddb0.jpg

Why would you use a treadmill for a spaceship? It is quite obvious that you are all not rocket scientists. Even in the1960s stationary rocket propulsion was utilized to exit the atmosphere. In space a treadmill would only propel you backwards.

How is that a recreation room? I have been enjoying running but believe that only addresses... well... nothing of the original task at hand. You didn't follow the requirements outlined in the RFP... (this is why you shouldn't buy hand grenades and land mines from the lowest bidder... )

Fox, do you even know how a holodeck works? The technology you posted was a downgrade, and serves as only slightly better than a XBox Kinect.

Everyone knows the Enterprise would work better if it launched from a treadmill.

Fox, do you even know how a holodeck works?  The technology you posted was a downgrade, and serves as only slightly better than a XBox Kinect.

Everyone knows the Enterprise would work better if it launched from a treadmill.
This

Had to give HBB the nod for two reasons:

1) I don't believe space to have any 110v receptacles, and

2) Given the relative size of the Enterprise from the treadmill drawing, I wouldn't be able to reach the controls.

Fox, do you even know how a holodeck works? The technology you posted was a downgrade, and serves as only slightly better than a XBox Kinect.
I surely do. Check out the original Star Trek series once when they are using the holodeck. Looks like a game of Minecraft. LOL

Our proposal takes the latest Oculus Rift tech. and adds to it the quantum computing capabilities of a Sovereign class star ship. Forgoing the need to even have the O.R. head gear attached. WINNING x10

I surely do. Check out the original Star Trek series once when they are using the holodeck. Looks like a game of Minecraft. LOL

Our proposal takes the latest Oculus Rift tech. and adds to it the quantum computing capabilities of a Sovereign class star ship. Forgoing the need to even have the O.R. head gear attached. WINNING x10
You criticize our team for using "outdated" (read: older) versions of the holodeck during discussions, then turn around and claim it as the basis of your design? WTF?

2) Given the relative size of the Enterprise from the treadmill drawing, I wouldn't be able to reach the controls.

Who said it was 110?

Better work out harder to get faster. Duh!

Who said it was 110?

Better work out harder to get faster. Duh!

I don't believe there are ANY free-floating space outlets.

Speed isn't the issue. Height is, in that I am not considerably larger than the Enterprise.

What if I said there was a battery and/or wireless option for only $19.95 more?

Ya know, I am about to order a large amount of stuff from Amazon. It would be a shame if I didn't use the EB link...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back