EB Survivor Challenge 2

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wins the challenge?

• HBB

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Frozen Chosen

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's the superior design, simply that we cannot ignore the scientific feats associated with taking off from a treadmill.

I'm pretty sure it's referenced in the titleblock,
False.
Actually, I'll take True for $500 Alex. See attached.
I don't dispute that your diagram shows a galaxy class ship. I do dispute that it's not the latest and greatest sovereign class. Meaning your team started with an inferior design from the get-go. Fail. :Failed:

Dammit, I still can't download the attachments.
Since team Frozen Chosen did not provide an alternative method for the game moderator to obtain a copy of their design, team HBB will step in for good measure to assist to keep a level playing field. Here's the link for the Frozen Chosens design proposal. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's referenced in the titleblock,
False.
Actually, I'll take True for $500 Alex.  See attached. 
I don't dispute that your diagram shows a galaxy class ship.  I do dispute that it's not the latest and greatest sovereign class.  Meaning your team started with an inferior design from the get-go.  Fail.  :Failed:

Once again, negative. Rules never stipulated whether we were to redesign for new or older models. They simply stated that we redesign for an "aging" holders. Therefore, one could argue that the older model ship presented a more aged version of the holodeck.

Argument won on a technicality.

Who cares about the rules...

Once again, negative. Rules never stipulated whether we were to redesign for new or older models. They simply stated that we redesign for an "aging" holders. Therefore, one could argue that the older model ship presented a more aged version of the holodeck.

No where in my post did I state there was a rule breach. I merely pointed out the Frozen Chosen design was based on old technology and therefore was inferior to the design set forth by HBB. Argument invalid.

No where in my post did I state there was a rule breach. I merely pointed out the Frozen Chosen design was based on old technology and therefore was inferior to the design set forth by HBB. Argument invalid.
Actually, argument still valid. We used an inferior layout based on old technology with the intention of upgrading it to current needs. Therefore the galaxy class ship would have current mods.

Sapper, I am home today and I don't have a working desktop or laptop so I cannot upload it for you other than how I did. Someone on my team will have to.

According to what Matt?
You need to read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and ask yourself, "how many tortoises are needed to support the treadmill?"

In my professional opinion as an untrained theoretical physicist it's crap.

Wait a minute. Earlier today you said, and I quote, "who cares about the rules...". Therefore if it's based on scientific principles and rules, who cares....

You're right.

But now I'm talking about the LAWS of physics. Rules and laws are two different things.

You'll just have to trust me on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back