EB Survivor Challenge 2

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wins the challenge?

• HBB

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Frozen Chosen

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
Challenge 2 begins now. The task is to design a recreation center to be constructed on the USS Enterprise. This recreation center will replace the aging holodeck and will feature advanced fitness, entertainment, and relaxation technology. Each team will submit a completed set of plans (produced using whatever software you want... microsoft paint is perfectly acceptable) that can be downloaded and reviewed by the board community. You have until the end of the day Wednesday, 12 FEB 2014, to submit your plans. Voting for best set of plans will begin on Wednesday 12 FEB 2014 and will go until Thursday 13 FEB 2014.

The team with the most votes at the end of the voting session will win and the losing team will have to vote off a member.

Keys to success:

1. Humor and outlandishness is always a boon to your winning potential

2. Well organized, clean, and professional plans can hide a lot of design flaws

3. Cited references (such as existing USS Enterprise blueprints) add to the designer's credibility

Last edited by a moderator:
^ challenge accepted!!! <nerd gasm> Like this is something never attempted in the many LAN parties I've been to (did I just say that outloud?). <grins mischievously>

Reactions: csb
Automatic loss, the game moderator gets "error, you do not have permission to view this attachment"!!!!

But seriously can one of the admins fix that?

And immon my iPhone if that matters.

^ I will look into it. As you created this topic, I'm not sure why it would be restricting your access. Can you confirm that the same issue occurs when you download from a PC as opposed to your phone?

In the meantime, this link should work without issue.

I uploaded from my phone. Is Kfox looking into this? If not, I can try redoing from laptop.

The existing, outdated layout for decks 10 and 11 are provided in the attached plan.
That print doesn't seem accurate as it's outdated. Can you confirm whether that plan is for a sovereign class star ship? Could be a major design flaw.

I'm pretty sure it's referenced in the titleblock, it's of the galaxy class and I don't think it was specified which class design for in the task requirements.

Although it's not relevant to the task, here is a link to the complete set of plans for the galaxy class.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/ed-whitefire-enterprise-ncc-1701d.php

whitefire-enterprise-ncc-1701d-sheet-3.jpg

Does there even need to be a vote? I think the frozen folks proved that they were not up to this challenge.

Does there even need to be a vote? I think the frozen folks proved that they were not up to this challenge.

I don't know, based on past discussion, they may have invented some sort of perpetual motion device...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back