EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to give a short simplified recap of things from the perspective of the townie thread. It may help everyone to see what was going on from our POV.

Day 1:
  • TXjen investigates and clears Meow starting the townie thread.
  • Doctor is lycnhed: via of vtoes by Cheby, steelnole, and nikr
  • cheby is nightkilled
Day2:
  • I was surprised to see that Cheby was nightkilled. This thread tends to go after people who lynch the cop or doc. So I figured cheb (or spitfire) would have been lynched soon anyway. Sure enough the town lynched spitfire that night. I mocked the mafia in the public thread for their redundant nightkill choice.
  • My comment looks sus, and I get investigated. I am cleared and join the thread.
  • duran encourages cop to investigate me in main thread. Which, with the doc dead, paints me as a target since its a free nk of a confirmed townie.
  • Spit is lynched.
  • I am nightkilled.
Day 3
  • Duran is investigated because of his comment the day before. he is cleared and joins the townie thread.
  • salty is lynched
  • jean is nightkilled
Day 4
  • It's clear to townie thread that the mafia is targeting vets.
  • It's do or die for the town today (and everyday thereafter)
  • My WPA analysis is quite weak and seem to contradict player behavior. It gets tossed.
  • There was a consensus that EG95 was maf based on her behavior. So we go for high risk-high reward strategy and try to find another maf via investigation.
  • Some of us reach out to a few players via PMs to try to feel people out. Flange doesn't respond so she gets investigated.
  • She comes back townie and is invited to the thread.
  • EG95 posts about the funeral and it was decided that she was highly likely townie.
  • Txjen's gut says Nikr is maf. wihtout anything better to go on he becomes the target.
  • flange abstains from the vote, but the other three known townies vote for nikr.
  • It's a tie.
  • RPS works in our favor and we live to fight another day.
  • nikr is lynched.
  • duran is nightkilled.
Day 5
personal note: I was surprised txjen wasn't NK'd becuase she cast the critical vote the previous evening.
  • cop has three investigations left. We could use POE to figure out the mafia. We could seal it today by finding a townie. We think eyehate is the most townie of the bunch and investigate him.
  • nope, he's maf.
  • We have enough known townie votes to guarantee a tie. But still wanted some unknown townie votes to help.
  • we recognize that there are only two vets left in the game. And its thought that txjen might be nightkilled that night. So we take a risk. meow makes herself a target and claims to be the cop. This also directs the unknown townies to vote with us. Unfortunately she says that she's out of investigations so she's less of a priority target.
  • Blue is convinced immediately and votes with us.
  • eyehate is lynched
  • gambit doesn't work and txjen is nightkilled
Day 6
  • It's obvious that Doth is mafia
  • Most debate is on how to convince the unknown townies to vote with us. We had enough votes for a tie again. Probably could have relied on blue and maybe eg95 again by just asking.
  • much ado about nothing and it happens both before and because of his gambit.
  • Doth is lynched
  • As a hedge against meow being nk'd, meow announced overnight that flange is a confirmed townie
  • blue is nightkilled.
Day 7
  • POE says djl is the only maf remaining
  • djl lynched
  • town wins
  • town can finally unclench it's collective buttcheeks.
You're right, we were going after vets without much discretion other than whacking you when we knew there was no protection. It may have been the most epic moment in mafia history if we'd randomly selected @txjennah PE on the first night- to knock out the cop and doc on the first day would require an insane amount of luck to be beaten.

Next time I mod, I'm making it a rule that I should be invited to the townie thread, I would have loved to see this whole thing go down in real time. It's not fair that the mod only gets to see the mafia side of thing.

Although I would also love to have a co-mod, there were too many times where I wanted to laugh with someone about everything.
Could we incorporate lynched members into the co-mod role? They could help to find fun gif's and detail the deaths of their comrades.

Next time I mod, I'm making it a rule that I should be invited to the townie thread, I would have loved to see this whole thing go down in real time. It's not fair that the mod only gets to see the mafia side of thing.

Although I would also love to have a co-mod, there were too many times where I wanted to laugh with someone about everything.
I've been wanting to mod but not wanting to do it all by myself yet...would be happy to co-mod with you at some point!

Could we incorporate lynched members into the co-mod role? They could help to find fun gif's and detail the deaths of their comrades.
We'd have to make a rule that says lynched players cannot participate publicly in the game thread. Otherwise they find out who the mafia members are and then "speculate" publicly.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed being able to still participate in the main thread. Lynched on day 1 sucks, so it was nice that I was still able to chime in, follow along, etc.

I'm out for the foreseeable future. I'm switching jobs at the end of the month and going to a bigger firm that has actual benefits and other electrical engineers to learn from. I'll miss the freedom of my current job but I think it's a great move career wise.
good luck!!!

I'm out for the foreseeable future. I'm switching jobs at the end of the month and going to a bigger firm that has actual benefits and other electrical engineers to learn from. I'll miss the freedom of my current job but I think it's a great move career wise.
Best of luck with the new job @SaltySteve PE !

We'd have to make a rule that says lynched players cannot participate publicly in the game thread. Otherwise they find out who the mafia members are and then "speculate" publicly.
Idk, for the most part people have behaved pretty well on this forum. We could try it with an honor system and see if it works out. If not, either don't incorporate lynchees into shared mod duties anymore, or then add the ban on participation.

Good luck. Tell your current employer to not be salty.

Latest posts

Back