EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, as a recent member of the woke culture I'd kindly like to ask you all to refrain from the term "dirty mafia scum" in the future. The phrase is insulting and hurtful to a group known to be quite hygienic. Think about it- they wipe their guns, they clean and bleach murder scenes, they cement block their victims to ensure the fish at the bottom of the sea are fed. Furthermore, being mafia is a physical trait not chosen by the group. Like crack and other highly addictive substances, you dabble socially and with one hit you may be committed for life. We need to treat this group with love and compassion.

Perhaps a more fitting dialogue would be "they were mafia- regretfully the opposing minority in this game"

Also, as a recent member of the woke culture I'd kindly like to ask you all to refrain from the term "dirty mafia scum" in the future. The phrase is insulting and hurtful to a group known to be quite hygienic. Think about it- they wipe their guns, they clean and bleach murder scenes, they cement block their victims to ensure the fish at the bottom of the sea are fed. Furthermore, being mafia is a physical trait not chosen by the group. Like crack and other highly addictive substances, you dabble socially and with one hit you may be committed for life. We need to treat this group with love and compassion.

Perhaps a more fitting dialogue would be "they were mafia- regretfully the opposing minority in this game"
But I can keep "DLD" as my profile name, right?

I know it's been a part of the game in the beginning, but how would we feel about tweaking the "anyone can speculate in this thread" rule?

Maybe we limit speculation and things that have the potential to sway the game to only those who are still playing (i.e. not eliminated) that round.
Eliminated players, observers, etc. could still post in the thread, makes jokes, join in the conversation, post pet pics, or whatever so long as its not game affecting. Selective snark is fine of course.

I'd also be okay with instituting an honor system rule that would prevent eliminated players from posthumously being added to PM threads. Players already in PMs prior to elimination can stay and continue to comment as they see fit. Much like how mafia members stay in their threads and continue to talk with their fellow mafia.

Lastly, I like @beccabun PE idea of having the mod included in the townie thread. I go farther and that the mod should be copied on all game threads. I did that once when I modded the hunger games round. And it was so much fun to watch!

I think these are good ideas. I think dead players should not be allowed to post their reads or speculate in the thread. I think it has the potential to sway unconfirmed townies, and could give an unfair advantage to the town.
Also, I definitely think the mods deserve to be included in all the threads!!

I know it's been a part of the game in the beginning, but how would we feel about tweaking the "anyone can speculate in this thread" rule?

Maybe we limit speculation and things that have the potential to sway the game to only those who are still playing (i.e. not eliminated) that round.
Eliminated players, observers, etc. could still post in the thread, makes jokes, join in the conversation, post pet pics, or whatever so long as its not game affecting. Selective snark is fine of course.

I'd also be okay with instituting an honor system rule that would prevent eliminated players from posthumously being added to PM threads. Players already in PMs prior to elimination can stay and continue to comment as they see fit. Much like how mafia members stay in their threads and continue to talk with their fellow mafia.

Lastly, I like @beccabun PE idea of having the mod included in the townie thread. I go farther and that the mod should be copied on all game threads. I did that once when I modded the hunger games round. And it was so much fun to watch!
I like the above suggestions.

I don't really want to be on my phone when I'm at home- I have a 7 month old and I'd rather spend time with him and the wife 🤷‍♂️
I think it's important to remember not to take it TOO seriously... it's all fun. We all have days where we simply cannot check and being across the so many time zones is also difficult. But it is fun and gives me a nice break. It's a bit easier for me since the cutoff times are usually when I'm still working (Pacific Coast time) ... and I don't have any kids at home. only dogs. :)

Well, the mod is already in the mafia, cop, and doc threads. The confirmed townie thread is just a private thread between a few townies that claim not to be mafia.

Back